Monday, November 8, 2021

Podcast: The gods of the people of this present world

 

 
 
We follow the God who created this heaven and earth.  The Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, The Word.

Our God cares for us and provides for all our needs as long as HE leaves us on this earth.  

Our God will send Jesus to take us off this earth at the end of time.

Matthew 24

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And HE shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together HIS elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

He takes us to the new heaven and the new earth wherein dwelleth righteousness, the new Jerusalem.

We are given new spiritual bodies.

There is no more pain, nor sorrow, nor death.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We hear this world speak of their gods.  We hear what they say to us when they speak.  They speak of money and how they have been wise and saved money on various things.  We hear them speak of gambling where a person can get money,

All the time I hear them speak of this god, I think of how our God who created heaven and earth and all things will provide all our needs.

I think of those things I have read about the end times in the book of Revelation in the Holy Bible.  They will end up casting their silver and gold into the streets for such will be worthless to them at that time.

Ezekiel 7:19  They shall cast their silver in the streets, and their gold shall be removed: their silver and their gold shall not be able to deliver them in the day of the wrath of the LORD: they shall not satisfy their souls, neither fill their bowels: because it is the stumblingblock of their iniquity.

I think of how Abraham turned down the free gift offered by the king of Sodom.

Genesis 14

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I think of the times I have told God I want my provision to be from HIM like Abraham.  I don't want to win a lottery of man.  I don't want my needs to be provided any way other than by God.

God will provide all my needs as long as HE chooses to leave me on this earth.

Isaiah 26:2-3   THOU wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on THEE: because he trusteth in THEE.

4 Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯