Friday, November 19, 2021

Led by God in what to say to my niece

 
Pam Padgett ... member of the body of Christ
 
Early last month my niece, Michelle, told me she and her husband, Jared, were thinking of bringing their boys to Colorado to ski over Thanksgiving weekend. She asked if I had any recommendations for ski areas, and I suggested 2 small ski areas, one of which had already gotten some nice snow. 
 
I also had the idea to invite them to come visit if they had time, and prayed about this, and heard the word "hospitality". I believed I was being led to invite them to come visit. Michelle replied that they would love to do this. 
 
I have never met Jared and their boys, and haven't seen Michelle in over 20 years, and I was looking forward to seeing them. 
 
Michelle and Jared helped my parents so much during the last several years of their lives. My parents lived next door to them. Several times when talking with my parents they would mention Jared, and what they said always sounded like he was kind and helpful. One example, was a few months after my dad died. Mom told me that she hadn't had to prepare dinner for herself since Dad died because Jared would call and invite her to dinner each evening. She really appreciated him doing this. 
 
And one time when talking with Mom she told me that Jared had shared a scripture with her, I think from John 17, and how she was looking forward to reading that chapter. 
 
Before Mom died I shared with Michelle a dream I was given which I believed showed that Mom would die soon but that she was putting things in order and was in good condition spiritually. 

I also shared I Thessalonians 4:13-17 with her to help her when Mom died.  Multiple times Michelle thanked me for sending this.  
 
I Thessalonians 4:13-17   But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
 
 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with HIM.  
 
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent (go before) them which are asleep.  

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:  
 
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
 
Then last week I saw a local news report in which they spoke about covid spreading a lot here in Colorado. (I wasn't at all aware of this until I happened to see this news report.) 
 
I felt I should let Michelle know about this, and sent her a text message to do so. 

I had also seen that the ski areas I had suggested hadn't been getting snow in quite awhile and the skiing outlook didn't look good. 

She thanked me for the information about covid and said she had been watching the snow reports and knew they may not be able to ski, but that they had considered maybe coming to Colorado to do other things they might enjoy. 
 
The next day I received an email from the nearby doctor office. They told about covid cases increasing and said that hospitals are "past full"

(I again felt I should let Michelle know this, which I did.) 
 
Michelle said how much she appreciated my letting them know about the covid situation here. Jared had recently been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis so they were trying to be especially careful where he is concerned.  
 
Until then, I had no idea Jared had MS, and was so glad to have been led to let them know about how covid is spreading here so they had an opportunity to change their plans.

And I prayed asking God to please help Jared and Michelle as they face this MS. I think Jared is in his mid-40's.

Earlier this week I felt I had something from God for them. I sent the following letter:

Dear Michelle,

Jared being diagnosed with MS is probably scary, at times, for both of you, as would be the case for me I'm sure and probably for everyone.

While reading Philippians 4:6-7 I was reminded of you and Jared and wanted to share this with you ...


Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 
 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It's so wonderful that we have promises like this from God, and so helpful to us when we focus on doing these things, for God will do what HE says HE will do.

A couple other promises from God I’ve been reminded of:


James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Hebrews 13:5 
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Even though I have never met Jared, I kind of feel as though I know him a little from things Dad and Mom said about him, and all the help you both gave to Dad and Mom for so many years.

And I remember one time Mom told me that Jared had told her about a scripture, I think in John 17, and how she was looking forward to reading that chapter.

I am so glad God is our help in everything we face.

Love,  
Aunt P 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯