Monday, July 4, 2022

πŸ’₯ Luke 4

 
16  And HE (Jesus) came to Nazareth, where HE had been brought up: and, as HIS custom was, HE went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 

17 And there was delivered unto HIM the book of the prophet Esaias. And when HE had opened the book, HE found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon ME, because HE hath anointed ME to preach the gospel to the poor; HE hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And HE closed the book, and HE gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on HIM.

21 And HE began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

22 And all bare HIM witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of HIS mouth. 
And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?  

(How can this be coming from Him for they knew His parents and His family ?)

23 And HE said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in THY country.

24 And HE said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in HIS own country.

25 But I tell you of a truth, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elias, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, when great famine was throughout all the land; 26 But unto none of them was Elias sent, save unto Sarepta, a city of Sidon, unto a woman that was a widow.

27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet; and none of them was cleansed, saving Naaman the Syrian.

28 And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,

29 And rose up, and thrust HIM out of the city, and led HIM unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast HIM down headlong.

30 But HE passing through the midst of them went HIS way,

31 And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When they rejected HIM in one city, HE went to another.

As a new Christian, God did many supernatural things with me.  

One night God transported me into heaven where I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit and I was at that time "merged" into the body of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing, as I was made one with the Word of God.

I thought this happened to all persons who were born again Christians.  

But soon I found that was not so.

And in the night a second time the exact same thing happened again.

I didn't know what this meant.  

But now I suspect it had to do with the two ministry offices which I was called to do and placed in by Jesus in the NT church.  I believe God ordained me into these ministries at that time.  (apostle and prophet according to Ephesians 4:11-12)  Some have said I can't be an apostle.  Others have said I can't be a prophet.  My cousin said she believed I was a Christian but she just could not see how I could be. (She didn't understand being born again by God by HIS Spirit.)   

I just did what I believed God showed me to do and kept doing that work, not paying attention to anyone who rejected me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I was in a prayer group that met in the home of a woman who lived near my house.  God began giving me the spiritual gift of Word of Knowledge, showing me things that I had no way of knowing.

The leader of the group watched this and at one point in time she said, "God is no respecter of persons.  If HE will give Joan Boney that gift HE will give me that gift."

But her statement is not true and denies the spiritual gifts which are given by God to whom HE wills.

Romans 12

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

I Corinthians 12

1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE (God) will.

God chooses.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After Jesus called Paul and put him into the ministry as an apostle and teacher, Paul said:  Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:  (Acts 26:19)

Jesus followed God and was faithful to that word which God gave to HIM, doing the will of God.

Our role is the same.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯