Friday, July 15, 2022

πŸ’₯ The Holy Spirit of God lives in each believer.


I Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to reveal the will of God to us.

I Corinthians 2

10 ... for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The Holy Spirit lives in us and HE is our comforter, our teacher, our guide, and our helper.  The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth.  Therefore by HIM we know what is truth.

John 14:26  Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, MY peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

(Trust God.  God has it under control.)

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God) , that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Examples:

πŸ’₯  The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth:  (Jn. 16:13)

An electrical storm hit Pam Padgett's neighorhood.  Pam's sound equipment went out along with other electrical devices.  Pam just couldn't face dealing with all these things so she just got back into bed and pulled the covers over her head.  But then the Holy Spirit intervened to help Pam.  She could hear strong winds blowing outside and the Holy Spirit said to her: "Just as God is so powerful that HE controls the strong winds, HE has the power to help you with this."  Pam agreed, "That's true!" And as she thought on this, she was strengthened.  Then the Holy Spirit reminded her of one thing and she got out of bed and did that which she heard to do.  Then HE brought something else to her attention and she dealt with that.  One by one, the Holy Spirit showed her what to do, and in the exact right order, guiding her into all truth.

πŸ’₯  The Holy Spirit shows us things to come.  (Jn. 16:13)

When I fell at my house in Texas in 2018, as the ambulance workers rolled me past the front door to take me to the hospital, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "You'll never see this house again."  This was truth given by the Spirit of Truth, the Holy Spirit.  And I knew God had another plan for me!  I wasn't disturbed at all for I knew God would do something better for me than I could do for myself.  I just put the house up for sale while I was in the hospital, since I would never see that house again.

πŸ’₯  The Holy Spirit shows us the best thing to do and the will of God:  (I Cor. 2:12)

In 2020, I was considering having new upholstery put on the seats of my 25-year-old car, when I heard these words from the Holy Spirit:  "Or you could just buy a new car."  I was stopped dead in my tracks.  I had never considered buying a new car.  But I could do that.  I had sold the house in Texas and the money was just sitting in the bank.  I could buy a new car and pay cash for it.  That same night God gave me a dream.  In the dream, I bought a new car.  I was certain God was giving me the best plan for me.  I was also assured by these words from God that I wouldn't need that money in the future.  (I was 81-years-old when this happened.)

πŸ’₯  The Holy Spirit teaches us all things:  (Jn. 14:16)

In 1975, as a new Christian, God showed me these scriptures concerning that which the Holy Spirit does to help us.  At that time I owned a business in American Indian Arts.  Before I went to buy jewelry for my shop, I prayed, asking God to have the Indians make the jewelry that I needed.  When I got to the reservation, I prayed asking God to show me which items to buy.  I was sure the Holy Spirit was leading me concerning those items.  And I never bought anything for my shop that did not sell.  And I never put anything on sale, except for the last week that I had the shop before I closed it to go into the ministry, then I reduced the price of the items by 10%.  And everything sold within 3 days.

I have lived by these scriptures concerning the Holy Spirit for more than 40 years and I know them to be true and valid for us of the faith today.

The Holy Spirit:

  * Teaches us all things, spiritual and secular:  (Jn. 14:26)

  *  HE reminds us of all that Jesus has said to us, in both scriptures and dreams:  (Jn. 14:26)

  *  HE guides us into all truth.  (Jn. 16:13)  "One step at a time.  One step at a time.  It is enough," God said to me years ago.

   * HE shows us things to come.  (Jn.16:13)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯