Friday, July 1, 2022

πŸ’₯ The devil might offer you a reward or promotion if you will obey him.

 
(Comments by Joan Boney)

In January, 1980, God put me on radio to exhort the church.

My pastor told me:  "You need to get with Michael Ellison Advertising Agency for they can do you a lot of good."

(Ellison represented such ministers as Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Jimmy Swaggart, Bob Tilton.)

So I contacted this agency and they agreed to represent me.

The agent assigned to me came to my apartment in Dallas to meet with me.

He said, "Joan ... we can fill Soldiers and Sailors Auditorium in Pittsburgh for your meetings if only you do one thing ... Don't offend anyone with your messages on your radio broadcasts!"

(But I'm a prophet.  Prophets are sent to the church with messages which often offend people who are doing wrong in the church.)

Then the agent said:  "And we would like you to add one thing to your broadcast and to all written materials:  'Send me your prayer requests'."

I was horrified with this idea and I said to him, "NO!  I won't do that.  They should pray directly to God through Jesus Christ, not through me."

Then he said:  "Well you are missing a good bet ... because when they send prayer requests they usually add some money to the envelope."  

It was a fund raising gimmick.

I refused and never did that.

The agent also told me not to send any written material to anyone without first having the agency approve what I had written.

When I wouldn't do these things they wanted me to do, they released me from being their client.

I thought I had failed.  I knew the agency had the power to get me to big-time in radio and television.

But God showed me the following scripture:

Matthew 4

8 Again, the devil taketh HIM up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth HIM all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto HIM, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship ME.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM ONLY shalt thou serve.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

During the 1982 period, I was on radio in Seattle, Washington.

When I arrived at the meeting room in Seattle where I was speaking to the radio audience, the station manager was waiting for me outside the meeting room.  

George said:  "Joan ... you have many wonderful messages.  Just speak those good messages.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages, I don't know what will happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

I replied by the following words of the Holy Spirit.

"George ... if I don't speak the message that I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may-as-well be off the air."

(They did put me off the air in Seattle.)

A minister must be faithful to God and follow that which the Holy Spirit shows him to speak at the time of that meeting or that writing.  You can't change the subject from that which the Holy Spirit gives you and speak a message which pleases the people.

The apostle Paul said:

Galatians 1:10-12  For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.  But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Also Jesus said:

Matthew 4:4  Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

A minister must not omit anything shown him by God.

Acts 20  

16 For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

17 And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,

19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which HE hath purchased with HIS own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Matthew 16

24 Then said Jesus unto HIS disciples, If any man will come after ME, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow ME.

25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for MY sake shall find it.

26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯