Tuesday, September 10, 2024

πŸ’₯ Try the spirits. Holy Spirit ... or spirit of antichrist?


Spirits bring thoughts to our minds.  Sometimes these thoughts are from God by the Holy Spirit.
 
In the New Testament Church every believer is given the Holy Spirit to live inside the believer and show him the way of God.  
 
I Cor. 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
 
Here are the works of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus says:
 
John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
 
John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.
 
Romans 8:14  For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
But there is also the spirit of antichrist, the devil, who whispers thoughts to our minds.
 
Antichrist tries to make us think he is God speaking.  But his way is exactly opposite to the way God would have us go. And though devil tries to imitate God when he brings thoughts, I don't think that spirit sounds like the Holy Spirit.  And often he is trying to "drive" us, rather than lead us.

John 10:4-5  (Jesus says devil is voice of a stranger)   
 
And when HE (Jesus) putteth forth HIS own sheep, HE goeth before them, and the sheep follow HIM: for they know HIS voice.  5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

Devil is a little off when he speaks ...I notice that too.  There is often just a little thing that is off scripture in the thought devil brings.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯



God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.  (Mt. 11)

Antichrist, being opposite to Christ, will stir up our flesh to exalt ourselves through giving us very difficult assignments which cause our flesh to be exalted.

The Holy Spirit leads while the devil often tries to drive us.

If we are of God, I think we can recognize the Holy Spirit.

John 10  (Jesus says)
 
1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.

7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

8 All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.


I John 4
 
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

The Holy Spirit has spoken to me many times during the past years.

* Once I purchased a defective TV.  I called the dealer but he would not come to calibrate the TV.  It had terrible streaks up and down parts of the screen.  I would often try to make that TV better by using my hand turner that came with the TV but I was only frustrating myself.

One day when I was trying to tune it I heard in my mind a thought from the Holy Spirit:  "You don't have to put up with this."

He was leading me to go in a way that would bring peace to me but seemed very foolish to this world.

I had money where I could replace that TV.  Immediately I went to a TV store and purchased a new TV.  The dealer sent men to my house to deliver and install the new TV.

The worker said, "What do you want us to do with this other TV?"
 
I replied, "Just carry it away and dispose of it."
 
The Holy Spirit led me in a way of peace.  But most people wouldn't suffer the financial loss for they love money and it seems unwise to lose that money.
 
I find peace to my soul to be more important. (And I know the Holy Spirit leads us in a way of peace.)
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 Other ways of recognizing when the spirit is of God or of the flesh or devils.
 
James 3 
 
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
 
If something is burdensome or very trying or very costly or overly complex, I usually find that is not the plan of God.
 
Matthew 11 (Jesus says)  
 
 28 Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
 
Proverbs 4 
 
 5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of MY mouth.

6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.
 
I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths.

12 When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble.

13 Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life.

14 Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.

15 Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.

16 For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.

17 For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence. 
 
* If there is "strife" or trying to get ahead of another person, this is not the way of God.
* If there is "envy" leading you, this is not the way of God. 
 
 My cleaning woman once asked me, "Don't you ever feel you need to keep up with the Jones'?"  I was very shocked and thought about what she asked me.  I drove a 25 year old car at that time.  My clothing was modest and average, I thought. I rarely wore jewelry. 
 
I replied, "No ... I don't believe I do."
 
The apostle Paul says:  Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind (to Bible), that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 
 
1 Timothy 2:9  In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; 
 
A few years ago, there was a fashion where it appeared the top of a woman's slip was showing on a dress.  I considered this to be very immodest.  I saw one of our church members wearing this latest fashion.  I told her what Paul said and that I felt she should not wear what she was wearing.  I never saw her in that garment again.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
When I was 86 years old, God said to me, "You should drive a Mercedes."  I had broken 7 bones in my body and could not ride in my car without a lot of pain so I mostly choose not to go out.  Then I decided to sell my car and buy another.  I had cash in the bank from the sale of my house in Texas. I got $30,000 cash from the sale of my Acura MDX. I recalled what I had heard from God 3 1/2 years earlier.  
 
I was looking for a car with a strong air suspension which would ride smoothly.  I test drove the Mercedes S Class.  It had what was called "Super air suspension."  It was like I recall the 1970 Cadillac and Lincolns having.  Longer than most cars today.  I did test drive S Class Mercedes.  But I had plenty of money to pay cash for the car with the money from sale of the house and had money left over.  (easy yoke)
 
God gave me 2 scriptures showing me to buy the car, showing me that I wouldn't need that money for anything in future.
 
1 Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;
 
Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.
 
"shield" ... I'm also certain God can stop me from doing a project or buying an object if I should be stopped!
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
When I purchase anything, I try to be certain that I have God's approval.  God knows the future.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯