Saturday, September 21, 2024

πŸ’₯ Chapter 2: Hunting a church to attend.

* Visiting a non-denominational church:
 
 It was a Wednesday night. I was visiting a small non-denominational church hoping to find a church that I could attend in the city where I was living at that time.
 
The pastor was teaching. There were about 200 people in the congregation that Wednesday night. The subject was John Chapter 8... the woman brought before Jesus after having been taken in adultery.
 
The pastor began speaking.  
 
Pastor said, "And when the woman, who was taken in adultery was brought before Jesus, she was naked from the waist up." 
 
 I was terribly shocked!

I knew this was not correct. This was not in the Bible in John 8. I reached for my Bible immediately and turned to John 8 and began reading that section of scripture to substantiate the fact within myself that this was not in the Bible. The pastor had added it to the Bible and lied to the congregation.  
 
I looked around the room. Men were looking about in lustful manners, thinking of a woman naked from the waist up. No one that I saw reached for a Bible or had a Bible with them. They were just enjoying the words of the pastor which were not even true. It was a terrible thing for me to experience.  I believe this is the worst thing I've ever seen at any Christian church. 

The next day I called the church and ask to speak to the pastor. He came to phone  immediately.

I told the pastor that I was in his church service the previous night. I told him I could not find it in John Chapter 8 where he said the woman was brought before Jesus and she was naked from the waist up. I asked him where that is in the Bible.

Pastor was silent for a few minutes then he said, "I just can't remember where that is in the Bible."

Then I said to pastor, "This is terribly important to me.  Pastor, would you please look this up and tell your secretary where this is in the Bible and ask her to call and tell me?"
 
Pastor said,  "Alright ... It's not in the Bible."

The pastor became very angry.  He said,  "Where do you go to church?"

I told the pastor I was looking for a church that I could attend. But I told the pastor I wasn't going to go to a church where a pastor added things to the Bible as if they were in the Bible and lied to his congregation as he had done the previous night, and then had lied to me this same day.
 
That concluded the phone call. 
 
I was devastated.  What is going on in the churches?  
 
God answered this by telling me. It is the end time anti-christ is in today's churches, as Paul spoke about in 2 Thessalonians 2.
 
 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
 
God explained this to me:  "The falling away spoken of by Paul is not people leaving the churches.  The falling away are the churches falling away from various scriptures."  

When churches remove scripture or change doctrines from Bible, the door opens for anti-christ to move into that church group.

We are seeing this all over the world as churches remove and change doctrines of Christ from the Bible.

Several times I have heard the older Christians say, "Things are so watered down at Church today."  (At least 2 long time Baptists have said this to me recently.)
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

*  On the next Sunday morning, I was still trying to find a church that I could attend.  This was a small non denominational church. The pastor was teaching the Sunday school class which pertained to the subject of Sarah and her hand-maiden Hagar. 
 
Starting at Genesis 15

I was very shocked when the pastor told us that Sarah and Hagar were half sisters. I have never heard that before. I had never read that in the Bible before.
 
When I got home I tried to find proof of that statement that was made by the pastor as I was looking in the Bible. When I could not find this in the Bible, I called the pastor.

I told the pastor that I was in his service the previous Sunday when he said Sarah and Hagar are half sisters. I asked him where that is in the Bible. He said he could not tell me where it was in the Bible.  
 
He said he couldn't remember. 
 
I told him I really needed to know the answer to this question, so would he please look it up and tell his secretary where this is in the Bible and ask her to call me and tell me where his statement made to the congregation is in the Bible

He became very angry and admitted it is not in the Bible and once again, like the other pastor, he said to me, "Where do you go to church?" and I said, "Well I was looking for a church to go to but I wasn't going to go to a church where the pastor spoke things that were not in the Bible as if they were truth."

End of phone conversation.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 Wednesday night:  Assembly of God church
 
There were approximately 150 to 200 people in attendance that Wednesday night when pastor said we should all pray for "brother" Swaggart.
 
 I was shocked because I know what Paul said we are supposed to do if a man who is called a brother is commiting fornication. 
 
Swaggart had just gotten on his television program and said, "I have sinned against you", and tears were running down his face.
 
 (See wikipedia:  Jimmy Swaggart)
 
 
Jimmy Swaggart had been with a prostitute and got picked up by a policeman for some kind of automobile violation. 
 
The Assembly of God church must not have known 1st Corinthians 5.
 
Paul says:  "Don't even eat with him..." (I think meaning, don't eat the Word of God with such a man.)    and don't keep company with a brother in Christ who commits fornication. Put him away from you.
 
I Corinthians 5
 
11-13  Paul says ...  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
 
***
 
Do you think a long time Christian, such as Jimmy Swaggart, a minister, does not know that to have sex with another woman who is not his wife is a sin? Do you think Swaggart doesn't know this? He had a wife at the time he was doing this. 
 
The apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 5 tells us basically it will do no good to counsel a man who already knows the truth and chooses not to do the truth.
 
Peter said this: 2 Peter: Chapter 2:20-21 ...  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
 
***

Approximately 3 years after this, Jimmy Swaggart was caught with another prostitute, a second prostitute.  The Assembly of God church "defrocked" Jimmy Swaggart, after the 2nd prostitute.

This made no difference at all to Jimmy Swaggart. He kept preaching on television to huge audiences, and as far as I know to this day he still does that.
 
But God's judgment is coming to all ...
 
2 Corinthians 5:10  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

***

The apostle Paul says in 1 Corinthians Chapter 6 that at the time of sexual intercourse the two become one flesh even if the man is having sex with a prostitute.
 
I Corinthians 6, (Paul speaks about having sex with an "harlot" , prostitute.)
 
 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith HE (God), shall be one flesh.
 
* God shows us how HE causes the 2 people to be 1 flesh:  At the time of sexual intercourse God causes this to happen!
 
***

I Corinthians 6
 
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 Attending a Baptist church on a Sunday morning:
 
One of my aunts attended a small Baptist church.  I decided to visit one Sunday morning.

The pastor came to the podium and said, "The youth group just returned from their week-end retreat.  I'm turning the service over to the president of the group for him to share with you."

A young teen-age boy began showing us a film of their retreat.  Boys were running about flipping girls on the rear ends with rolled towels.  Boys were chasing girls, spraying them with water.  There was lots of teen-aged giggling going on.  My aunt, sitting next to me, said, "I could do with out this."  There was certainly nothing edifying in the presentation.

When the pastor began speaking, he misquoted the same scripture 3 times, leaving out  parts of that which Jesus said.
 
Matthew 17
 
 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour.

19
Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible  unto you.

21
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
 
That pastor said, "This kind goeth not out by by prayer."  I softly said, "and fasting."  Amazingly that pastor said this scripture again and said, "This kind goeth not out but by prayer." Again I said, "And fasting." and Aline joined me in saying, "and fasting." Then a third time this pastor said, "This kind goeth out not but by prayer.  And again Aline joined me and we said, "And fasting."
 
I went to speak to pastor after the meeting.  I told him when we gather as the church we are supposed to present something that "edifies" the congregation. I told nothing edified the church in the presentation of the teenager. Pastor said, "Well ... I liked it." (I recalled how Aline didn't like it, saying, "I could do without this.")
 
Then I told pastor he misquoted a scripture 3 times.   Pastor became angry and said "I've been doing this 23 years.  I know what I'm doing."  And I said, "I think I've said all I need to say to you."  I left, never to return to that church group.

***


Attending a small Church of Christ on a Sunday morning:

It was a Sunday school class of about 9 people and very informal.  It seemed that everyone in the class was free to speak.

Pastor was reading aloud the following scripture:

Hebrews 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Then Pastor said, "Did Noah really condemn the world?"

I said, "Yes ... when Noah believed God and did what God said to do in building the ark, the world was condemned because Noah believed and they didn't."

No one spoke after that and the pastor ended the class.

Then pastor said to me he was not called "pastor".  I said, "Then what are you called."  He said, "Minister."

I thought this was very strange because here is what the Bible tells us about ministers:  Ephesians 4:8  Wherefore HE (Jesus) saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  11  And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

(I left that group never to return again.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The gathering of the church should bring edification to the congregation.

I Corinthians 14:26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
 
I found only error and fleshly words in the churches I visited.
 
What is going on here?
 
God showed me.
 
This was the end time anti-christ in the church which Paul said we would see before Jesus returns to gather the church.
 
2 Thessalonians 2
 
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 

 
(The minister puts himself above the New Testament Bible, changing scripture at will.)

In 1982, I was reading what Paul wrote and God said to me ... "The falling away are not the people leaving the churches in the end time. The falling away are the churches leaving the scriptures and setting up other doctrines."

Then I understood what I had been seeing in the churches that I had visited.

They remove some of the doctrines of the New Testament Bible and set up doctrines to suit their own thinking.  And this caused them to be "anti-christ" opposite from Bible.

It was ordained to happen in the end time in some church groups.

When a pastor refuses to accept godly correction and continues to preach opposite to verses of scripture he is an "heretick", "falling away from scripture."

Titus 3:10-11  A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;  11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯