Friday, September 6, 2024

πŸ’₯ I have stopped watching all political ads and all politial talk on TV.

 
There are things that I choose to keep from coming into my heart.  If I am watching TV and a political talk comes on, I mute the TV and turn my eyes away from the TV screen to avoid captions printed.  I do not want to take evil into my heart.  I find there is enough evil to deal with in just hearing what people say to me on chance encounters when I am out of my house.
 
I do not vote and am not registered with either political party.
 
In the Bible, concerning our leaders, God tells us to do the following.
 
I Timothy 2:1-2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
 
So often the political statements cause us to hate and think evil of the opposition.  I don't think I could pray for the one elected if evil against that person is planted in my heart.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
When Mr. Biden was president, I often prayed that he not fall while walking to the microphone.  He looked so frail.
 
 When Mr. Trump was president, I prayed that God not allow him to "push the button" loosing nuclear weapons.  (This prayer was answered.)
 
As Christians we are not required to vote, but we are required by Bible to pray for those who are in authority.
 
My grandfather taught my dad:  Don't take anything from the government.  Don't desire to have anything from the Government. 
 
(I do take Social Security monthly payments and Medicare. But I believe God provides all my needs as it says in Philippians 4:19.  Somehow God would do this if there was a need.)
 
The apostle Peter tells us how to live as we wait for the return of Jesus:
 
2 Peter 3
 
10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
 
(Once while I was reading this scripture, God said to me, "There will never be righteousness on this earth no matter what you do.)

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

 
I believe many physical problems are caused when we are in stress, hatred, anger, troubled.
 
Follow after peace.  Slow down.  That is what I am trying to do and it really helps a lot.  I'm almost 87.
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯