Friday, September 27, 2024

πŸ’₯ Chapter 8: A word spoken to me in 1983.

The meetings were growing in size from a beginning of approximately 150 people to over 2,000 people per meeting.
 
I had just completed a series of meetings in Seattle and was on the airport bus heading to my plane going to Dallas when God said to me:  "The foundation is laid ... Now we're really going to move!"
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
On the plane, returning from another church meeting a few days later, God said to me: "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."
 
I had no idea what that might mean ... but soon I would find out!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 
 
God began reminding me of several big-time radio and TV ministers ... and things they had done ... and as a prophet I knew I would likely have to warn them for that is part of the work of a prophet of God!
 
Ezekiel 3:14   So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me.
 
***
 
Ezekiel 4
 
 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at MY mouth, and give them warning from ME.

18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

19 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

21 Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.

22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and HE said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I asked God if there was any place in the New Testament where the blood of one person was required if they did not speak a message from God to an evil doer in the church.

Acts 20

And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus, and called the elders of the church.

18 And when they were come to him, he said unto them, Ye know, from the first day that I came into Asia, after what manner I have been with you at all seasons,

19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews:

20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

22 And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

23 Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

First, God reminded me of Jimmy Swaggart, and the way he had come to the advertising agent, Michael Ellison, because he, Swaggart was tired of the small audiences at his meetings and he asked Ellison what he could do to get bigger crowds.

Ellison told Swaggart to stop preaching so much and do more singing and piano playing, entertaining the audience.

Swaggart did this and the number of people attending Swaggart's meeting rose from approximately 400 to over 2000 immediately.

The message I had for Swaggart from God:  "Stop entertaining the people and return to preaching."

When I could not get this message to Swaggart, I felt God showing me to give this message on my own radio broadcasts which were coast to coast, naming Swaggart by name.  (Then he would get the message.)

Apparently the message reached Jimmy Swaggart.  
 
Swaggart owned 2 radio stations.  One in Dallas-Fort Worth and the other in Houston.  They threw the switch on both stations and cut me off the air immediately!
 
***
 
(About 1/2 of my 15 stations put me off the air during the following weeks as I spoke what God showed me about the big-time ministers.)

In Seattle, outside my meeting room, the radio station manager was waiting for me.  He said:  "Joan ... you have many "good" messages.  Just speak those.  If you continue speaking these judgment messages I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air."
 
The Holy Spirit arose in me, I replied:  "George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."
 
Seattle stopped the broadcasts.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

Finally I stopped the radio broadcasts.

I had no more heart for broadcasts.

I continued sending messages by US mail to the radio audiences who continued with me.  (There was no internet at that time.)

It was to change in March, 2012, when God gave me a dream which showed me to start writing a blog.  (Internet had come to USA.)

I had heard of this thing called Internet.  And I saw a blog on a computer on the movie "Julie and Julie".  
 
As I watch the movie and saw this thing called "blog", I though, "How exciting ... I wish I could do that ... but I don't have anything to say.(She was writing a blog about cooking Julia Child's recipes.)

***

A few nights later, God gave me a dream.  A woman was singing.  I said, "It's a nice little voice.  A little voice, but a nice little voice."
 
God was showing me a blog ... and to start writing a blog for the ministry exhorting the church.  I called Pam Padgett who just retired as computer programmer at Fed Ex.  I asked Pam if she could start a blog for the ministry.  She said she didn't know anything about blogs but she thought she could set up one and if she couldn't she knew someone who could.  Good enough!

We were publishing a blog, Jesus Ministries Exhortations, in 3 days.

The first day, we had 2 people from Germany go to our blog.  We were so excited.  We didn't realize the blog went all over the world ... as in WWW.

Since the last week in March, 2012, to current date, we have published 16,686 exhortations and have 1,649,776 downloads.

It costs no money to publish blog.

Indeed:  It is "a nice little voice."

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯