Tuesday, September 24, 2024

πŸ’₯ Chapter 5: What God showed me about women speaking in the church.

 
From the time I was born again, 1975, through 1979, God took me through every verse of scripture in the Old and New Testaments, teaching me about the calling and work of the ministries of the prophets in the churches.
 
God taught me for 5 years.  And then God revealed to me that I was called to be a minister.  I was shocked, because during my time attending Church of Christ, I learned from them and the Bible that women cannot be ministers!

So I said to God, "How can I be a minister as a woman."  

"What about what Paul said in I Corinthians 14?"
 
 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.  35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
 
God said to me:  "Look at what these women were doing." 
 
I re-read this scripture.  It seemed to me that these women were out of order, disrupting the gathering of the church by asking questions.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Then God began showing me other women in the Bible who were in positions of authority in the church and also in Old Testament.
 
πŸ’₯  Paul went to visit Philip the evangelist.  Philip had 4 daughters who did prophesy.  
 
Acts 21:8-9  And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him. 9 And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.
 
 Prophesy is for the church.  Prophets are sent to the church.  Ezekiel. 3
 
It seems these 4 daughters of Philip would have to speak to the church to prophesy. 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 
 
Then God showed me Anna, a prophetess.
 
Luke 2:36-38   And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of HIM to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.  
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 Deborah, another prophet, was called to my memory by God.
 
Judges 4 
 
1 And the children of Israel again did evil in the sight of the LORD, when Ehud was dead.

2 And the LORD sold them into the hand of Jabin king of Canaan, that reigned in Hazor; the captain of whose host was Sisera, which dwelt in Harosheth of the Gentiles.

3 And the children of Israel cried unto the LORD: for he had nine hundred chariots of iron; and twenty years he mightily oppressed the children of Israel.

4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

6 And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun?

7 And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand.

8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.

9 And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the LORD shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.

10 And Barak called Zebulun and Naphtali to Kedesh; and he went up with ten thousand men at his feet: and Deborah went up with him.
 
***
 
I had been taken into heaven twice as a new Christian.  (No physical images just a spiritual experience)
 
I was asleep in the night and was "transported into heaven," much like the example given by the apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:   I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) 4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
 
Both times, I knew I was with God, and with Christ, and with the Holy Spirit.  And both times I was merged into the body of Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing, made one with the Word of God.
 
I believe this was being ordained into the 2 ministries to which I was called and taught by God to work.  (apostle & prophet)
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 
 
Ephesians 4:8; 11-12   Wherefore HE (Jesus) saith, When HE ascended up on high, HE led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  11 And HE gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
* Apostle:  (This is what God taught me.) 
 
Acts 15
 
1And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.

2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question. 
 
 
(The apostles brought forth the scriptures on the issues.  Then James spoke.) 
 
 13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.
 
Today we have the Holy Bible to show us the doctrine of Christ.   
 
But many churches today have fallen away from specific scripture.  Apostles have a special anointing by God to deal with questions of doctrines and scripture:  
 
For example:  
* divorce-remarriage:  Matthew 5:32; Mark 10:6-12; I Corinthians 7:10-11;39; Romans 7:3-4;
* homosexuals-lesbians:  Romans 1:21-28
* what to do in the gathering of the church: I Corinthians 14:26
* spiritual gifts: I Corinthians 12
* what happens to those who die?  I Thessalonians 4:13-17; Revelation 21; I Corinthians 15:42-53;
 
Apostles will try to turn both church groups and individuals back to New Testament scripture for doctrines in the churches. 
 
NT prophets:  carry message to the church from God and carry corrections to pastors and individuals to try to turn them to scripture and repentance of way of life according to the word of God. 
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯