Sunday, September 8, 2024

πŸ’’ Recognizing "peace" and making decisions, abstaining from activities when there is no peace.

 
 Comments by Joan Boney:

College football games began appearing on TV yesterday.  I was excited, especially when I saw SMU was playing.  I attended SMU in 1963.  I learned to be a "fan" at SMU.  I rooted for SMU for the next 7 decades!

The game began.  They didn't look as together as I thought they should.  I began to feel troubled.  I recalled the quarterback looking better last season. A punt was blocked by the opponent.  There was nothing but worrying and fretting.

I finally awoke!  I was not enjoying this at all.
 
I began hunting another program to watch, to no success though I tried many.  
 
I turned the TV off and pondered my situation.  There was no peace or joy over what I did.  I began talking to God about this.

I don't want to be a football fan!


πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’πŸ’’