Thursday, September 26, 2024

πŸ’₯ Chapter 7: God sends HIS angel to tell me the exact ministry I am to pursue.


On the night of January 10, 1980, I was awakened in the night by a very loud voice speaking 3 words into my ear while I slept.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"
 
I jumped out of bed and wrote those words on a note pad which I kept by my bed.
 
 I felt those call letters were likely either radio or TV identifications and I really didn't want to mix up those letters.
 
When I looked them up, I found KWJS to be a radio station which presented Christian type exhortations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
 
I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I'm a writer, not a speaker.  I wouldn't know how to do that."
 
The Holy Spirit said:  "Call the radio station manager." 
 
That same morning I called KWJS radio station and asked to speak to the manager.  He came to the phone immediately.  I said to him, "God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?" 
 
He replied:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long.  Send it to me and if you fit our programming, we will offer you a contract." 
 
***
 
I made a recording as soon as I got off the phone and took it to the post office and mailed it to the station manager. 
 
Within 5 days, I was broadcasting 30 minute exhortations weekdays on KWJS radio.
 
***
 
A woman named Lilly McBride had been praying for KWJS to put a faith teacher on radio at 12 noon weekdays. 
 
She was listening to her radio when a woman started speaking at 12 noon on KWJS.  Lilly cried out ... "OH no, God. Not a woman."
 
Lilly jumped up and headed toward her radio to cut the broadcast off.  But before she reached the radio, she became interested in what I was saying and she sat back down and listened and became a life long "fan" and supporter of my broadcasts.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
In a month or so, I went on radio in Houston and then in Oklahoma City.  
 
God gave me a plan whereby I could add several radio stations simultaneous.
 
I called it:  "Purchase a city."
 
For a one time offering of $1,000, I would go on radio in a city of the listener's choice from a list of cities in USA. (This would pay for the first month of broadcast in that city and I would go into the city and have a meeting and take offerings to continue the broadcasts in that city.)  
 
Within a very short time, I added radio broadcasts in the following cities:  NYC; Washington, DC; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Detroit; Minneapolis-Saint Paul; Denver; Seattle; Eugene, Oregon; Bakersfield, California; Los Angeles; Phoenix.
 
A total of 15 cities (including the original cities of Dallas-Fort Worth, and Houston, and Oklahoma City. 
 
(That angel of the Lord said to me:  Hartford, Seattle, KWJS ... showing me cities from east to west coast in USA and cities in the middle.) 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
After 4 weeks of broadcasts, I would rent a meeting room in the city and go into that city for a 2 or 3 day meeting.  This gave me closer contact with the people in the radio cities.  Each year, I divided the USA into 3 areas East, West, Central and had tours three times per year into the radio city.
 
God gave me messages on these subjects:  Taking thoughts captive; Dealing with destructive thoughts; Following the Holy Spirit by Faith; Meditating and doing the Word of God.
 
People seemed very interested in learning to do these things. 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯