Tuesday, July 30, 2024

πŸ’₯ Taking Thoughts Captive & Dealing With Destructive Thoughts: Part 1

 
Comments by Joan Boney:
 
Each of us have thoughts come to our minds.  Some thoughts are from our own minds.  Some thoughts are from devils who will try to take us the opposite way from the way God wants us to go.  Some thoughts are from God.
 
Example:  At the end of the second meeting of the Home Church gathering (July 22-25), I began feeling I was incompetent and thoughts began coming to me:  "How could I get through the next two days?"

I turned very strongly to God and heard this scripture:
 

 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6 Who also hath made us
able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

***
It was very obvious to me that the discouraging thoughts were from devils.

It is like this:
  Devils poison us.  God gives us an antidote for the poison.
 
For me, in this case, I took 2 Corinthians 3:3-5 ... wrote that scripture out and began thinking on how God made me an "able minister", even taking me to heaven twice and causing me to be merged  into the "word" of God, Jesus, with God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.  (I was very tired from the meetings, and I'm almost 87 years old, and I was tired after the activities after the meetings, and I knew I needed to get in bed and rest.
 
It does no good to try to rest if your mind is disturbedFirst, settle the matter with God by asking God to help you and pay attention to scripture brought to your mind and examples of happenings.  Write out that scripture and keep it before you day and night for a season. Refuse to think of contrary thoughts, knowing that devils sent these destructive thoughts, and stick with that scripture brought to your mind by God.

Paul says:  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil. 4:13  (Christ is the Word.  When I have a scripture given to me by God, I've found I, too, can do all things.)

John 10:10  (Jesus says)  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
 
God had given me the antidote from those thoughts that devil used to trouble me.
 
So I took what God had given me, 2 Corinthians 3, and got into bed while looking at that scripture and began to relax and fell asleep.
 
***
 
"HE (God) restoreth my soul."  (Psalm 23:2)

I prayed:  "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me." (2 Corinthians 3)

I did not allow my mind to go anywhere else but that one section of scripture.  I rested in the word of God by those two verses.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and a sound mind."

Cling to concept of God giving us a "sound mind".  Devils are trying to destroy us by lies but God has given us a "sound mind".  Hold fast to those verses which tell us this, for that is the truth.

***

By the 4th day of meetings, I noticed David trying to read the scripture off the cell phone his wife who was sitting next to him was using.  I knew we had here a great sign of success in turning everyone to the Bible during these meetings.  David was wanting to see the exact scripture from the Bible which we were speaking at that 4th meeting! 

For the "word" is God.
 
***

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by HIM; and without HIM was not any thing made that was made.

4 In HIM was life; and the life was the light of men.
 
***
 
Fight the good fight of faith.  (I Timothy 6:12) 
 
Devils will bring thoughts exactly opposite to truth.

It is a fight to have faith in the Word.  But it is the only way to go and we must fight or be swept away and destroyed.
 
We overcome in this world by that Word God brings to our mind when we hold onto that Word and believe the "Word" God gives us.

Revelation 3:5  Jesus says:  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.
 
***
 
During the meeting, I had an open vision of several angels dancing up and down because of the things we were speaking to one another at that gathering of the church July 22-25!
 
We tried to record these meetings and if we managed to get a clear recording we will print and play part of the meeting on one of our future podcasts.
 
I Corinthians 14:26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
 
We did what Paul said at these meetings.  Each person was free to share as God led that person by the Holy Spirit of God.
 
As far as I know, all things were edifying, building the church in the faith in God.
 
One of the especially good things for me is we met two families of born again Spirit filled Christians, with whom we plan to try to continue to gather with weekly in Colorado Spirit, starting in about 3 weeks from now.  I feel certain we can record those sessions.
 
Cameron is leaving his paid job as a Colorado Springs fireman and starting his own business in outdoor lighting so his children can participate with him in his business!  (He installed our outdoor lighting for our home church meeting.  That is how we met him!)
 
He especially requested that we work in "taking thoughts captive and dealing with destructive thoughts."  (No doubt he will very much need this for devil really attacks us when we make such a change in life.)
 
I've had several men who worked for us at the house and the most requested need was Taking thoughts captive and dealing with destructive thoughts. I will also try to do some writings on this subject on blog, giving examples.  This is one of the most important subjects in going forward in the end time troubles that come upon this earth.
 
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯