Monday, July 29, 2019

When we think we know something.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul, often identified his calling to the church before writing his epistles to the church.  This is so the church would know what to expect from him.  

An evangelist is very different calling from apostle or prophet.  If you hear a person say he is an evangelist, then you should expect to hear a basic salvation message to the unsaved.  

(You do not expect the same thing from a mechanic as you do from a grocer do you?)

After Jesus arose, HE gave the following ministries to the New Testament church to edify the church and to put them in the way of God:  apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher.  (Ephesians 4:11)

What do you expect from a prophet of God?

One thing is correction.  For often there will be some little thing that is wrong in the way of the individual in the church.  People build up "strong holds" through personal habits.  And these strong holds keep the person from choosing the way of God in that phase of life.  The strong holds have to be torn down much as one would tear down a brick wall so a new wall can be constructed.  

God said to the prophet Jeremiah:  See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.

That is what you would expect to see a prophet do when you read these messages.

God knows you are reading this.  God knew you would read this exact message today.  God gave this information to me which you need.  And I wrote it exactly as God gave it to me.

That is how you should read this.  Joan Boney


*****


Here is something for you to think about.

I Corinthians 8:2 ... And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

The fact that we have been born again for the past 40-years doesn't mean we know everything does it?  How can we ever know everything about any single verse of scripture for the simple things of God are awe inspiring.  

I Corinthians 13:9   For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 

I Corinthians 13:12    For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.


***

I've seen this happen so many times.

Barbara (in our church group) wrote email to us telling how she held her tongue in dealing with her husband.

About 3 days later, she attacked me with that same tongue!

I'm sure she felt she "knew" that lesson which she spoke about concerning dealing with her tongue.   But then it all exploded.

***

When we think we know something there is danger!  We begin trusting in ourselves.  When God first showed us something we were excited.  But then we thought we knew, and we trusted in ourselves.  That is when things go wrong.

When David was going to war, he asked God and God told him, "Go up …  I am with you."  The battle was won.  The next time a battle was before him, David asked God what he should do and God said to David, "Don't go up … "  and God gave David another plan for that battle.

II Samuel 5:17-25  But when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines came up to seek David; and David heard of it, and went down to the hold.

The Philistines also came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

And David enquired of the Lord, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the Lord said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand.

And David came to Baalperazim, and David smote them there, and said, The Lord hath broken forth upon mine enemies before me, as the breach of waters. Therefore he called the name of that place Baalperazim.

And there they left their images, and David and his men burned them.

And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.  


And when David enquired of the Lord, HE said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees. 

And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the Lord go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.

And David did so, as the Lord had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer. 

***

If we think we know what to do without asking God, we are being strong in ourselves.

It is when we are "weak" (in ourselves), not knowing and therefore asking God, that we are strong .... Paul's words.   (II Corinthians 12:10  for when I am weak, then am I strong.)


***

I know I don't know how to write ... though I know I'm a writer.

It is very good that I know I can't do something.  For then I ask God.

I'm always asking God where to begin writing when I have something to write. I'm always checking to see if I have gone off into a wrong spirit, for I know you can begin in the Spirit of God and then "go off" into another spirit. I re-read each writing many times to proof for typos but also to see if there is anything where I feel a "check" in my spirit that maybe something is a little off.  If I feel such, I pray, allowing God to correct me and set me in the right way, and I re-write that part of the message.

I'm very aware that my own flesh can work it's way into the writing ... or the wrong spirit can enter into the writing ...

You might think about these things.

*****

Above all, when a person identifies himself as having the call of God on his life as a prophet, don't take this lightly.


*****