Thursday, July 18, 2019

Many are called. But few are chosen

(Chapter 14:  Book, Spiritual Warfare, coming July or August, 2019, on Amazon)

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


It is not just a matter of being called by God for a work.  But we also have to pass many tests along the way, showing we will lay down our lives.

Some fall into the very real trap of desiring and yielding to pursuit of personal fame and greatness and they are thereby destroyed at one point or another, refusing to restrain themselves.

Many have their sins go before them and even while they live on this earth people see their sins.

Some sins follow after them and are to be revealed to all at the judgment seat of Christ.

All are tested by God.


***

Genesis 22:1-12    And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am. 

And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

(Abraham had another son, Ishmael, by the handmaid of Sarah, but God didn't count Ishmael.)

And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
 

Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off. 

And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.

And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?


And Abraham said, My son, God will provide Himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.

And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.


And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: 

and he said, Here am I.

And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from ME.

(When you fear God you do what God tells you.  Psalm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do HIS commandments: HIS praise endureth for ever.)


***

Hebrews 11:17-19    By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

***

Genesis 22:13-19    And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.

And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.

And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, And said, 


By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;  And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed MY voice.

("All nations" included the Gentiles!  This statement foretold that the Gentiles also would be saved with the Jews which was fulfilled in Acts 10.) 

So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.


Few of us have to pass this level of test.


***

The apostle Paul gave up everything he had worked to achieve in order to handle the call of God that was on his life.  Paul arose to such a high level in religion that he was responsible for killing the people of Jesus.

Paul tells king Agrippa the following about himself.

Acts 26:10-19  many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.  And I punished them oft in every synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them even unto strange cities.  Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,

(When Stephen was stoned to death, Acts 8:1-3  And Saul (Paul) was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.
And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him. 

 As for Saul (Paul), he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.)

***

Continuing Paul's testimony to king Agrippa:

Acts 26:13-19    At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.

And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou ME
? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

And I said, Who art thou, Lord? 

And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 

Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in ME. 

Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 

***

Later Paul warns us about trusting in our own flesh, our own achievements, our own ability. 

Philippians 3:3-11   For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 

Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.

But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in HIM, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

That I may know HIM, and the power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS sufferings, being made conformable unto HIS death;


If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 


***

Concerning Mary ... who was chosen by God ...

Luke 1:26-38   And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

And the angel came in unto her, and said,
Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.  He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David: And HE shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end.

Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
 

For with God nothing shall be impossible. 

(Then Mary said the following incredible statement.)

And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. 

And the angel departed from her.


***

God told Mary Jesus would have a kingdom that would last forever.  The kingdom of Jesus "would have no end."

But Mary and many others who believed on Jesus saw HIM die on a cross.

They had their hope in Jesus and now HE was dead.

Matthew 28:1-8    In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

He is not here: for HE is risen, as HE said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

And go quickly, and tell HIS disciples that HE is risen from the dead; and, behold, HE goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see HIM: lo, I have told you.

And they departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring HIS disciples word.


***

Luke 24:9-12    And (these women) returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest.

It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles.


And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not

Then arose Peter, and ran unto the sepulchre; and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself at that which was come to pass.

***

Luke 24:13-53   And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus Himself drew near, and went with them.

But their eyes were holden that they should not know HIM.

And HE said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad?

And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?


And HE said unto them, What things? 

And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:  And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered HIM to be condemned to death, and have crucified HIM.

But we trusted that it had been HE which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.  Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;  And when they found not HIS body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that HE was alive.

And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but HIM they saw not.

Then HE said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:  Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into HIS glory?
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, HE expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.  

And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and HE made as though HE would have gone further.

But they constrained him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent.

And HE went in to tarry with them.

And it came to pass, as HE sat at meat with them, HE took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 

And their eyes were opened, and they knew HIM; and HE vanished out of their sight

And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while HE talked with us by the way, and while HE opened to us the scriptures? 

(It is God who allows us to understand the things of God.)

And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them,  Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.


And they told what things were done in the way, and how HE was known of them in breaking of bread.

(Symbolic:  As we break the bread by viewing the Word of God, we know Jesus, as God opens our eyes through HIS Spirit.)

And as they thus spake, Jesus Himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.


And HE said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

Behold MY hands and MY feet, that it is I Myself: handle ME, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see ME have.

And when HE had thus spoken, HE shewed them HIS hands and HIS feet.

And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, HE said unto them, Have ye here any meat?

And they gave HIM a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb.

And HE took it, and did eat before them.

And HE said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning ME.

Then opened HE their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in HIS name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

And ye are witnesses of these things.

And, behold, I send the promise of MY Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

And HE led them out as far as to Bethany, and HE lifted up HIS hands, and blessed them.

And it came to pass, while HE blessed them, HE was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.


And they worshipped HIM, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy:  And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. 


***

Isaiah 55:11-12   So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:


The devil tries to cause us to "have" to go, but we, who are of God, want to go.

We go forth with joy and peace!

*****

It is perhaps difficult to imagine the enormous testing done to those disciples in the early church, we, today go through testing many times as we choose to put our faith in that which is spoken to us by HIS Spirit by God.

One of the first trials I had was a court case, an actual trial.

This was when I owned my business in the mid 70's.  A young woman took me to court.

I felt God told me, "Don't testify."

I told my lawyer he might not want to represent me for I felt God had told me not to testify in this case.

My lawyer said he would represent me anyway.  He said if I would testify there was no way we would lose this case.  But even if I didn't testify, he thought the woman who worked for me and saw the happening would be enough to cause us to win the case.

Later, after Flo's testimony, lawyer told me it wasn't as strong as he would have liked, but if I would testify we would win.  I prayed again and heard again, "Don't testify."

I returned to the court room and just shook my head "no" to lawyer.

The fearful thoughts were rampant.

At one point, I said to God, "I certainly hope YOU know what YOU are doing.  We are going to lose this case."

But God did know what HE was doing.  

I did not testify and we won the case.  I was acquitted.


***

During the trial, the man I was dating said to me, "Joan ... you aren't doing this woman any favor by not testifying."

I replied, "I'm not trying to do her any favors.  I'm just trying to obey what I believe God has said to me."


***

When the woman who worked for me saw I was not going to testify, she was very upset with me.  She said, "Since you aren't testifying, the burden is all on me."  (She would be testifying for she witnessed the event.)

I replied, "What can I do?  I believe God has told me not to testify so I can't testify."


***

Even the judge was shocked when he heard my lawyer say I would not be testifying.

Judge was writing something on a paper and when he heard these words from the lawyer, the judge stopped writing and looked directly at me and questioned, "You're not testifying?"

I replied, "No."

We either hold onto that Word we believe to be from God, doing that Word, speaking that Word ... or we don't.

***

As a new Christian in 1975, a big test came concerning the church I had been attending.

The man teaching was a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary.  He was teaching against "tongues"I had never heard of tongues before this.  But one day I was reading Bible and saw the following scripture.  Paul said:  "covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.I Corinthians 14:39

This church group was not only teaching against tongues but teaching that tongues were of the devil.

I found it impossible to go against the Bible.  So I left that church group.

This would be the first of many church groups that I had to leave for the same reason in the future years ... they were teaching opposite to what Bible says or they were twisting scriptures or they were omitting portions of scripture. 

(I cannot stay in these church groups.)


***

In 1979, God gave me the following terrifying dream.

Destruction was everywhere.

I went into a room where a man was speaking to a group of people.  

A second man rushed in and said:  "Stop ... wait ... can't you see ... it's too late ... it's already begun."

The first man resumed speaking.

(No one in the room seemed interested in what that second man said, but I was interested.  No one tried to see what was happening.) 

But I looked out the window to see "what" had already begun ... to see what was happening.

Outside I saw a tall pole with a civil-defense type yellow speaker on top.  It was the type of speaker used to warn the people.  

But out of this speaker I saw a gas floating through the air.  I knew it was a poison gas and it would kill people ... and it was coming directly toward us!

The shocking thing to me was the speaker that was put there to warn the people was the instrument being used to gas the people to death!

I looked at the man sitting next to me.  He was looking directly at the man who was speaking to the group of people.  He had a big smile on his face and he seemed very attentive.  But then I saw this man was dead ... he was a corpse.

I looked around the room and saw that all the people in the room were already dead, though they looked alive and attentive.

(Remember how no one looked to see what that second man was speaking?  They couldn't look because they were already dead.)

As I sat among them, I began to feel a little drowsy, and I realized as I sat there among them I, too, was falling asleep, dying.


***

I didn't know what this dream meant.  I was a little sick over the dream, like Daniel reported being ill over the visions he saw.

It wasn't until 1982, that I understood the meaning of this dreadful dream.

On a Wednesday night at church, I looked at the man who was sitting next to me and I realized this was the dead man in my dream.  I looked at the other people in the room and they were the dead congregation in my dream.

I got up immediately and went into the ladies room and began praying, 

"God ... I think YOU are telling me to leave this church.  I am going to get into my car and drive away.  But if YOU want me to return I will."

God did not want me to return to that church.  Instead HE began showing me the fallacies about the "faith movement."  

(This church was "Word of Faith", Robert Tilton, pastor. See Tilton in Wikipedia.)

***

The main problem:  At that church group, we were being taught to be our own god, by finding a scripture to stand on to get what we wanted, and supposedly by taking authority over devils to stop all harm from coming to us, therefore being "as God", not turning to God for help.  

No one that I know of questioned the doctrine, but rather we were told we had "weak faith" if we failed and what we should do was to keep attending all services and give offerings to that church group and when our faith was strong enough it would work.  (Partial truths and twisting of doctrine) 

What God taught me was to pray to HIM ... and pay attention to that which the Holy Spirit brought to my mind.  And follow that instruction.  If I was reminded of a scripture, I focused on that scripture.  If I had a dream called to my mind, I paid attention to that dream.  But everything came by the Holy Spirit and not by my conjuring of religious things!

And I saw the following two scriptures:

Jesus said:

John 14:26   But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 


John 16:13    Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of HIMSELF; but whatsoever HE shall hear, that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.


***

During these years, I owned a business in DallasAmerican Indian Arts.  

A man called me from Houston, wanting to come speak with me about the business.  I told this man I didn't know anything about business.  I tried to get him not to come to see me.  But he insisted.

The first question he asked me was about my marketing plan.

I was praying all the time!

Then I said:  "I'm a Christian.  So when I go out to the reservations to buy objects, before the trip, I pray for the Indians to make those art objects that I will need to purchase.  Then when I get to the reservation, I ask God to show me what I should buy.  On the way home to Dallas, I ask God to send out HIS angels to get the people to come into my shop to buy the items."

There was complete silence for a minute or so.

Then the man said, "Well ... that's a form of marketing."

And he left my shop and I never saw this man again.


***

But that is how I ran my business (and my life),  I learned to completely depend on God in all things.


Proverbs 3:5-7

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.

Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.


*****

By July 31, 1979, God had convinced me to close my business and go into the ministry full time.

I announced to my customer's by post card that I would be closing the business to go into the ministry.  For the first time ever, I had a sale.  They could buy items for 10 per cent off.  Within 3 days all items sold.  

I closed the business... and stayed at my apartment, reading Bible and doing those things I felt God wanted me to do, often going to people from my past and asking them to forgive me.

I had no job ... no income ... no future plans.

Neither did I apply for nor seek work at any church.

I just stayed at my apartment and paid my bills from the profit from my business.

(I had approximately $22,000 at that time.  Sounds like a lot but with no income and no plans it can be fearful.  Though it was enough until God spoke and put me in the area where HE wanted me.)

For almost six-months I waited.

Then on January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  A very loud trumpet-like sound of three words blew into my ear, awakening me.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

By the following week, I was on radio station KWJS broadcasting exhortations for the church.

But it didn't happen automatically.  I had to hear how to do these things and then do them by faith.

In a little over a year, I was on radio from coast to coast in USA, from "Hartford to Seattle", just as the angel in the night spoke telling me in January, 1980.

In a few months after radio on KWJS, I decided to inquire about broadcasts in Oklahoma City.

A church friend who was a magnificent singer, had sung at a few meetings to which I was invited to speak.  She and her husband worked at the church I was attending.  When I asked Emogene to go with me to Oklahoma City, she said, "Let's wait until a man can go with us."

I didn't wait.  I went there immediately.  And I ended up traveling alone all over the United States where I met with radio audiences in New York City area, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Washington DC, Detroit, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Oklahoma City, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Denver, Seattle, Eugene Oregon, Bakersfield California, Los Angeles, Phoenix.

One of the radio station managers told me he had never see anything like it.  Most ministers waited at least 6-months before coming to town for a meeting after going on radio.  I came there in 6-weeks.  I just prayed and did what I thought God was showing me to do.  

Another difference.  I didn't have music on my radio broadcasts before I started speaking.  I just set my kitchen timer for radio timing, after I had prayed asking God to show me what to speak.  And I started the timer and began recording the broadcast after I told the radio audience my name.  No credentials.  The messages were my credentials, and still are!

The broadcasts were instant successes.  

God had given me messages the audiences wanted to hear:  

- following God by His Spirit
- taking thoughts captive
- dealing with destructive thoughts

I never planned a message in advance when on radio or when speaking at meetings.  I just depended on God to bring to my ear what I should say.  I stepped out on the stage in public meetings and began with whatever God spoke to me at that time:  scripture, dreams, word of knowledge, concepts

I did not have any music nor even public prayer before I spoke ... I just walked out on stage and listened to that which God brought to my mind, and began speaking that.  After I finished the first message, there would be another message ... then another ... then another.

It did not seem strange to me to do this for I had seen this over and over in the Bible.

Jesus said:  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.  (John 5:30)

Paul said:  And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.

And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.  (I Corinthians 2:1-5)

***

For the next two years, everything grew, audiences increased both on radio and in person, books sold, cassette recordings sold.  I was traveling and speaking in each city where I was on radio.  I was having the time of my life.

Then God spoke these words to me:  

"The foundation is laid.  Now we're really going to move."


***

A few weeks later, I was returning by plane to Dallas from Hobbs, New Mexico (USA).

God said to me over and over the following:  

The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God.

Then God gave me a message concerning adultery for Jim Bakker.  I didn't know it, but at that exact time, Bakker was committing adultery with a church secretary, Jessica Hann.  (Wikipedia: Jim Bakker)

There was a message for Jimmy Swaggart.  He had been preaching and attendance at his meetings was about 500.  He wanted larger audiences.  His press agent, Michael Ellison Advertising Agency, told Swaggart to stop speaking so much and to play more country-western type gospel music and the people would come.  (Swaggart began substituting music for the preaching of the word.)  Crowds grew greatly.  The message I had for him was telling him to stop entertaining the people and to return to preaching.  (It turned out Swaggart was having sex with hired prostitutes at that time.)

Kenneth Copeland's people took up an offering to give him a birthday present, a trip to Hawaii.  This is a tax exempt offering.  Copeland should not have accepted such.

There were other real problems with Kenneth Copeland.  He had been the pilot for preacher Kenneth Hagin.  Copeland had a natural ability as a country western singer.  He was also very handsome.  He decided he could preach like Hagin.  By his own testimony, Copeland told how he had shut himself up in his garage for about 2 weeks and "memorized" Hagin's teachings.

This is the way this world does things but in the church this is called a "mocker" (imitator).

Jude   vv.17-19    But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;  How that they told you there should be mockers (imitators) in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves (they put themselves into the ministry), sensual, having not the Spirit

We have witnessed Kenneth Copeland's own testimony of how he put himself into the ministry by memorizing Kenneth Hagin's tapes.  Copeland also has a very good popular music type singing voice so he can draw crowds of people.  I do not believe Kenneth Copeland has the real Spirit of God.

Copeland had very strong abilities of his own flesh:

- popular-music singer
- handsome
- stage presence

(Thousands of people from churches came to Copeland's meetings and he became very rich as evidenced by his 6-million dollar home where he now lives.  Wikipedia:  Kenneth Copeland)

In 1982, God said to me:  "Kenneth Copeland is antichrist."

I was very shocked.  

Later I learned antichrist is not one man but a spirit in many men.

The apostle John tells us this.  In John's time, he said there were many antichrists.

I John 2:18   Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.


***

Entertainment is a big draw to religious minds.  It appeals greatly to the flesh of man while making people think they are doing something godly. 


Music is called "worship" but it appeals greatly to the flesh of man and often even hymns become entertainment, especially when skillfully played and presented to the "audience".

When we published our hymn blog, I used music played on an upright piano with no signing.  We just printed the words to the hymn.  I wanted the person to absorb the hymn into his heart and not fall into entertainment by hearing the hymn.

When a woman first heard one of these hymns, she said to me, "Don't you have any singing?"

I replied, "No ... you are supposed to sing these hymns in your own heart, letting the words teach you. This is not entertainment."

She seemed to understand.


***

Concerning antichrist in the churches:

Antichrist preaches a doctrine which empowers the flesh of man, taking the place of God while seeming to be religious.

Copeland and such men preach what they call "the authority of the believer."  If this authority really exists, why don't these great men of faith stop hurricanes and tornados from destroying lives and property?

The doctrine is false.

We have authority only when the Spirit of God by the will of God rises up in us with the Word of God.  We cannot do this ourselves by our own will.  To try to do this is to be "as God".

Paul said antichrist would come this way.

II Thessalonians 2:4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.


*** 

In the church we do not put ourselves into ministry.  God does this by placing a call of God on our lives.  Then God teaches us.  We do not copy another minister.

When I went on radio, I had never heard a religious radio program before I began broadcasting.  Nor did I hear one after I began on radio.  God put me on radio.  God was my teacher.   (I just read the Bible constantly and when I got before people or recorded for radio, God brought to my mind what I should speak.)  This is still the case when I write today. (Or when I "visit" with individuals.)  God leads me in what I say.  I depend on HIM, not on cleverness of myself or other humans.

The apostle Paul said:  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.  (I Corinthians 2:4-5)


***

Many are called but few are chosen.

Many have a call of God on their lives but fail to develop, often because it might make them seem foolish to other men if they yielded to doing, and saying, the things given by the Holy Spirit.

Many have spiritual gifts which they hold back from the church.  For to speak or do these things, might lessen them in the eyes of humans and bring reproach upon themselves.  And you must have faith in God to speak and do these things.

Most humans guard their own images and reputations among men.

I have no doubt many fail the numerous tests, showing themselves to be unfit to do the work of the ministry of God or even unfit to share the spiritual gifts they have been given by God.

I have a spiritual gift of exhortation (Romans 12:8), whereby I write these books and write on our blog:  Jesus Ministries Exhortations

Without that gift from God, I would not be able to write.

But God does not make me write.  I have a choice.  Each time I write, I know I risk humiliation and ridicule for that which I say.  But I also know it is the power of God.  So I make myself be faithful to report to the church that which I believe I hear from God by HIS Spirit.


***

In approximately 1978, a man from the church I was attending at that time, came to me saying he had a prophecy over me.  It was from John 21.  He said this would happen to me.

18-19  Jesus said:    Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.  This spake HE, signifying by what death he should glorify God. 

And when HE had spoken this, HE saith unto him, Follow ME.

We do follow Jesus, The Word, unto our own deaths, as we do the instructions given us by the Spirit of God.  We lay down our lives each time we speak a message from God.  We risk our reputations among other men and women as we share the spiritual gifts of God.  Humiliation is a constant companion.  And we often suffer consequences because of sharing that which God gives us.  There is great risk involved.

The early church could lose their physical lives by speaking godly messages.  It happened regularly.

Therefore Paul encouraged the young evangelist Timothy.

II Timothy 1:7-14   For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.  

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:  

Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.  

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know WHOM I have believed, and am persuaded that HE is able to keep that which I have committed unto HIM against that day.  

Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.  

That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. 

(Paul was convinced the message he had was from God. So he spoke that message holding nothing back.)

Acts 20:25-30  And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.  

Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.  

For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.  

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which HE hath purchased with HIS own blood.  

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.  

Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.


***

But few will speak what they have heard from the Spirit of God.

Proof:  How many will speak what I spoke in this writing:  "In 1982, God said to me, 'Kenneth Copeland is antichirst'. "

None of us want to speak these messages ... but we have to do so if we are to share that which God has spoken to us for the church.

Some treat the word of God as if they are viewing a type of TV program for their own personal entertainment or knowledge or edification.

It is not that way.

The spiritual gifts are for the church, for everyone.  They are not just for those of us who hear them.  They must be shared with the church.

When we hold back what we have heard from God, we show ourselves unfaithful to God to handle that given us by God.

God trained me by such scriptures as the following:

Ezekiel 2:3-8   And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against ME: they and their fathers have transgressed against ME, even unto this very day.

For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God.

And they, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear, (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know that there hath been a prophet among them.

And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. 

And thou shalt speak MY words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. 

But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. 


Ezekiel 3:4-11  And he said unto me, Son of man, go, get thee unto the house of Israel, and speak with MY words unto them. 

For thou art not sent to a people of a strange speech and of an hard language, but to the house of Israel; 

Not to many people of a strange speech and of an hard language, whose words thou canst not understand. Surely, had I sent thee to them, they would have hearkened unto thee. 

But the house of Israel will not hearken unto thee; for they will not hearken unto ME: for all the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted. 

Behold, I have made thy face strong against their faces, and thy forehead strong against their foreheads. 

As an adamant harder than flint have I made thy forehead: fear them not, neither be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. 

Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, all MY words that I shall speak unto thee receive in thine heart, and hear with thine ears. 

And go, get thee to them of the captivity, unto the children of thy people, and speak unto them, and tell them, Thus saith the Lord God; whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear.


Jeremiah 1:4-10   Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,  Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.  

Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.  

But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak.  

Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.  

Then the Lord put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth.  

See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.


Ezekiel 3:17-21   Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at MY mouth, and give them warning from ME.

When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling-block before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou hast delivered thy soul.



***

Remember how the apostle Paul said to the church that he was free from their blood, because he had not withheld any of the counsel of God from them.

So it is with us.  If I fail to deliver a word that I believe to be from God and a person stumbles, I believe I will be accountable for that person's blood.  

So I speak even when I don't want to speak.


***

But I know there are many who hold back that which is shown them by God because to speak might bring shame to themselves.

The persons who have a word from God and hold back that word are not fit and they are not faithful to God in dealing correctly with that which God has given to them.

Therefore many are called ... but few are chosen.


***

The apostle Paul said:

II Timothy 4:14-15   Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. 

Why is that scripture in the Bible? How can that scripture be of use to us today?

It turns out that scripture was very important to me to get me to do the work to which I am called, for by that scripture, I could see Paul naming by name an evil doer and warning the church in front of all concerning this man, naming this man by name. 

I've had many "hard" messages to speak to the church.  And by speaking there was great cost to me personally.

My example in doing this was Jesus.

John 6:60-63  Many therefore of HIS disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying; who can hear it? 

When Jesus knew in Himself that HIS disciples murmured at it, HE said unto them, Doth this offend you?  What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where HE was before? 

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 


*** 

My best friend came to me and asked, "Joan ... is there any way you could be wrong?"

I replied, "No."

She left me.

***

People in my own office staff said they were ashamed to attend my meetings and they would like to wear paper bags over their heads so others wouldn't know they worked for me.

They were also gone from me along the way.

When you lose personal friends, who are like your own children to you, this is the hardest.  

But it happens over and over.  You have grief and you have sorrow over the Word of God.  

But to you that Word is everything.


***

Matthew 13:44-48  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. 

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:  Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.  


Matthew 13:31-33  Another parable put HE forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:  Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.  

Another parable spake HE unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.  


***

You lay down your own life each time you speak that message that is from God.

If you speak a substitute messge, they might praise you.

But the message that is from God is an offence to the unruly, which so many in the churches are, unruly.

So they go from you.


Paul said:  II Timothy 4:16-18    At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.  Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto HIS heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever.




***

The radio station manager in Seattle said to me:  "Joan ... you have many 'good' messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what will happen to you.  We may have to put you off the air."

Holy Spirit speaking through me to George:

"If I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

***

There is really only one message and that is the message God wants spoken at that exact point it time.

And that message may infuriate them as the message Jesus spoke caused the rulers of the synagogue to go mad and plot Jesus' death.   (as they plotted Peter's death and Paul's death because of their messages) 

Today they might not be able to kill our bodies but often they can stop the broadcasts.

Some will reason it is better to stay on the air to speak some of the messages.

And they will stay in churches when they know things are wrong.  They worship their church above the Word of God when they do this and they will not be unscathed at the day of judgment, losing reward.


II John  vv. 8-11  Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 

For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

***

But I know there is only one message and that is the message I am to give otherwise why speak?

Paul said, I die daily.  (I Corinthians 15:31)

So do we die daily ... if we speak what God gives us to speak.

Few will fulfill the call of God for the cost is perceived as being too great.

So many are called ... but few chosen.


*****

Hymn:  I'm pressing on the upward way


(Click forward arrow > to play music:)

1.  I’m pressing on the upward way, 
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.


Chorus:

Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Heaven's tableland;

A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.


2.  My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
 

3.  I want to live above the world,
Though Satan’s darts at me are hurled;
For faith has caught the joyful sound,
The song of saints on higher ground.


4.   I want to scale the utmost height
And catch a gleam of glory bright;
But still I’ll pray till rest I’ve found,
Lord, lead me on to higher ground.



(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scripture pertaining to this hymn:

V. 3.  I want to live above the world,

Matthew 7:24-27    Jesus says    whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

We live above the world by doing that Word given us by God by HIS Spirit.  We press on to higher ground each time we hear the Word of God and do the Word of God.  We build our house on the Word of God by doing the Word of God and when we live that way, our house will never fall!

And we are recreated in the image of Christ each time we do the Word of God.


*****