Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Be thankful!


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Colossians 3:15    And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

***

One of the great blessings of life is to be able to walk to bathroom without assistance.  This is something most people probably do not consider.  When I stop and think about those things for which I am thankful, this is often near the top of my list.  God has equipped us so well to do that which is needed.

***

Another thing that is far above rubies and all the treasures that man can desire, is friendship with another true believer!  

There is nothing like it.  When two people are connected by one spirit to God, they pull together in a supernatural way and there is no fear, for if they should get out of step they quickly recognize this and without any discussion both are praying individually and God brings them into unity again.

***

As I have gotten older, I have come to desire fewer things of this world.  I want things to be more simple.  

In 2018, I began wanting to live in one room, with my things that I "need" around me.  I began to feel things to be a burden to me.

When I moved to Pam Padgett's house in Colorado in February, 2019, I thought at first that I might enlarge my bedroom.  But after these few months, I know I don't need even one inch more space and I am thankful for such a nice place to live.  

It is very quiet here.  

And it is amazingly cool in the summer, like being in the mountains.  This is a treat for me after living in Texas most of my life!

II Timothy 6    And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.


***

In Acts 17, we read that God selects for us the places we will live and the exact times we will live there.

Acts 17:26 ... (God) hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

It is very good to understand this truth!

***

If we pray according to the will of God, we are assured in Bible that prayer will be answered.

I John 5:14-15   And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:  And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

***

And in Bible we see that the Holy Spirit searches the heart of GOD to know God's will for us and the Holy Spirit reveals to us the will of God so we can know what to do in the issues of this present life.

I Corinthians 2:9-13    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him.  But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit

for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

***

Not only does the Holy Spirit know the will of God for us but the Holy Spirit prays for us.

Romans 8:26-27  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

And HE that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because HE maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

***

And Jesus intercedes for us.

Romans 8:34    It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

***

Don't these truths from the Bible help our faith in God as we think on these scriptures?


*****