Sunday, July 21, 2019

A VOICE that wakes the dead.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Thessalonians 4:13-17    But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him.

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent
(precede/go ahead of) them which are asleep (dead).

For the Lord HIMSELF shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.


Wherefore comfort one another with these words.


***

On the night of January 10, 1980, I heard that VOICE that wakes the dead.

I was asleep in the night when a trumpet-like "voice" blew three words in my ear.

"Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote "KWJS" on a notepad, not wanting to get these letters mixed-up.

I found KWJS to be a radio station.

I said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I'm a writer, not a speaker.  I wouldn't know how to do that!"

Immediately a very gentle voice, which I knew was the Holy Spirit, brought the following to my mind.

"Call the radio station manager."

That morning, as soon as I thought the radio station would be open, I called and asked to speak with the station manager.

He came on the phone immediately.

I said to him, "I think God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?"

The station manager replied, "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to us and if you fit our broadcast we will offer you a contract."

I had a tape recorder at my apartment so as soon as I got off the phone, I made a tape recording 29 1/2 minutes long.

I just sat before the recorder and asked God to give me that which I should record and I set my kitchen timer and began speaking and recorded 29 1/2 minutes ... no editing ... I never edited any broadcast in my life.  I wouldn't have known how to do that.  I just recorded straight through the allotted time.

(I had never heard a religious radio broadcast before.  I just began talking ... "Hello. This is Dr. Joan Boney speaking ... ")

And I mailed the recording that day to the radio station manager.

Within 3 days, I was offered a contract for week-day broadcasts at twelve noon.  (It turned out this was a prime time for radio broadcasts.)

By the following week, I was on the air, exhorting the church in ways of God.


*****

A woman named Lilly McBride, who lived in Fort Worth at that time, had been praying asking God to put a real faith teacher on radio at the noon-time broadcast.

When I began speaking, Lilly cried out, "Oh NO, God ... not a woman ..."

She got up to turn the broadcast off of her radio ... but before she reached the radio, she became interested in that which I was saying!  

Lilly became a big fan.

I'm sure many dead church people were awakened by that which they heard on these radio broadcasts.


*****