Friday, July 19, 2019

Answer to fervent prayer:


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

On December 6, 2018, I fell at the house where I was living in Lubbock, Texas.

For 4 1/2 hours I inched my way down the hallway to get to a phone which was on a table in my room.  I was about 6-feet from the phone when I fell, but my left hip was broken and my left hand was completely dislocated with my hand tilting backward from my wrist.  I had to roll on tile floor to get right hip turned to side of floor with left broken hip on top. And then try to inch down the hallway.  It was incredibly difficult.  

I believe I would have died there in that hallway had it not been for one thing.  I heard these words from the Spirit of God ...  

"You can do this."

So I continued the very long process of trying to move my entire body by my right knee and right foot while lying on my right side on the tile floor.  

(My right upper arm had been broken from fall one-month prior to this fall and was not fully recovered, so I could barely use my right arm as I tried to work my way down hallway toward phone.) 

I could move only about 1/4 inch at a time and then the pain was so intense I had to stop and recover.

It took 4 1/2 hours to reach the phone.  I was 81-years-old at the time of the fall.

Fortunately, I fell on a tile floor.  Had I fallen on carpet, it might have been impossible to get my body to slide on the floor.  When I reached the carpet of the room where the phone was sitting, I had about two-feet to go on carpet and I really didn't think I could make my body slide on that carpet.

I did manage to reach the phone cord and I pulled the phone off the table.  But the phone receiver hit the floor and slid away from me and I never did see where it went.

Under that table, I noticed a Kindle tablet which was recharging. If I could reach that, I might be able to send an email.  It was about two more feet away but my head was pointed in opposite direction from the table and it would require shifting my body to have a chance of reaching it.

I kept being reminded of what I had heard many times as I made my way down the hallway:

 "You can do this."

Because of that word, I kept working to get to the tablet.

By the time I got to the tablet, I was almost unconscious.  I fought very hard to get email to come on screen of the Kindle tablet, and to find list of an email from our church group, where I could send out a cry for help.  It was impossible for me to see well enough to address a new email, and I could barely use my right hand, but I felt I could send a response if I could find an old email.  

After several attempts, I sent email and sent two back-up emails and was trying to say:  "Help ... fallen ... send ambulance."

(The emails I sent didn't turn out to be that clear but God helped Pam Padgett to see there was really trouble and I needed help.

Comments from Pam Padgett:  Joan sent a total of 4 emails over a period of more than an hour, trying to get help. Because she sent these early in the morning, all 4 emails were in my email inbox by the time I woke.

The first 3 emails she sent were only to me, responding to an email I had sent some time before with a link to emoji's for a book we were writing.  When I saw these first 3 emails, I thought Joan was trying to tell me to do something with an emoji for the book, but none of the emails made sense to me.


Email #1:   Help help Landail help

Email #2:   Hi help help following ambulance

Email #3:   V help falling Avilez help MLX help

Email #4:    Help help falling ambulance

(Joan responded to an email previously sent to everyone in our church group so that everyone would receive this last email)

At first I didn't understand any of the emails.  But then my eyes were opened by God that Joan needed help!  

So I called the Lubbock, Texas police department and told them what had happened and they transferred me to the ambulance dispatcher.

I sent email to our church group telling them I had arranged to have ambulance sent to Joan's house so they would not duplicate what I had already done.

I called a friend, Betsy, who lived nearby and asked her to go to Joan's house and check to be sure the ambulance people were able to find the key and get into Joan's house.

***

Continued report from Joan:

I had fallen in the night and by the time I sent the emails to our church group it was day-light.

Pam (in Colorado) couldn't just call 911 since I was in Texas.  So Pam called the Lubbock, Texas, police department and they transferred the call to the ambulance dispatcher.

While lying on the floor, I heard the phone ring but couldn't get to a phone.  I felt someone had seen my email and was sending help.

When I heard someone at the front door, I relaxed and thanked God.

As the ambulance workers rolled me to the front door of my house in Texas, I heard these words, "You'll never see this house again."

I knew that was from God by HIS Spirit.

I asked Pam to put the house in Texas up for-sale based on that word which I believed I had heard from God.  I did not know where I would be going, but I knew by that word that I would not be living any longer alone in Texas.

A few weeks later, it became clear that I would be moving to Pam's house in Colorado, 450-miles-away ... if I lived past the surgery and recovered enough to be moved.

I was in rehabilitation hospitals for the next 2 1/2 months in Texas.

We made arrangements for me to fly from the rehabilitation hospital to Colorado on February 24, 2019.

Two weeks prior to this date, I was diagnosed with the disease, "shingles".  (very painful)

But I held onto the planned departure date.  

(I really felt if I remained in Texas in that rehabilitation hospital, I might die there.  So I was highly motivated to keep that departure schedule even with the complication of shingles!)

Pam flew to Texas to assist me with the trip to Colorado.  I don't think I could have flown alone.

The adjustment to living in Colorado went very well.  

Then a big-bomb fell on us ... The house in Texas belongs to Jesus Ministries and is tax-exempt.  We received notice from the tax-accessor that the house had been changed from tax-exempt status and as of 2019 we would be required to pay property taxes of almost $10,000 a year.

This would be devastating to us.

We had a right to appeal ... so Pam began sending forms to the tax office as they requested.

Then a second letter came from Texas tax accessor ... requesting more information but not specifying what information they needed.

I believe God showed me what to send, "History of Jesus Ministries," which we have now published on our blog home page, right side.

(Remember: all the time this tax question was going on, the property had been tax exempt by their own office for the past 18-years!  Without any warning at all from them, they just changed the status and notified us by form type letter that the property had been changed to full taxes for 2019.)

***

This current problem was hanging over our heads like a very heavy weight.

At one point, in June, 2019, a prayer came upon me.  It was one of those supernatural moments where you have a very strong "effectual fervent" prayer.

***


Here is a prayer I made to God concerning the problem.

Please God, help us. YOU know the source of this issue. YOU know how to fix the problem. YOU know the truth. Please intervene to close the door on this problem with the last document we sent.

Guide us by YOUR Spirit. Restrain my flesh. 


Please end this issue, removing the trouble from us, as YOU have closed so many troubling doors in past flare-ups. 

Let it end ... let us not be troubled further by this matter.

Please fix the source of the problem in that office.

Let us go forward in peace as we wait for the sale of the house.

There is something wrong in that office but YOU know all things, so YOU know what it is that is causing our problem there.

Please zero in on it and put YOUR spotlight on it and stop it for us. 


No weapon formed against us will prosper.  

(I reminded God of the following scriptures and promises in these scriptures.)

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the Lord.

And You will not allow us to be tempted beyond that which we are able.


I Corinthians 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


Please stop this problem.

(Devil whispers, "God will not answer your prayer.")

(To God)   YOU will answer my prayer ... for YOU have answered my prayers many times.

I can wait for the sale of the house but the tax issue is like a hatchet held over my head. Please remove this weapon which would do us harm.

They seem so powerful but I remember examples in Bible where YOU defeated powerful foes.

(I remembered the following examples and reminded God of these.)

* God sent a rumor and caused the rulers and their army to return to their own land.  (Isaiah 37)

* God sent HIS angel to Joseph in a dream telling Joseph what to do to save the life of the baby Jesus.  (Matthew 2:13-15)

* God sent HIS angel to roll back the great stone that sealed the tomb of Jesus after the crucifixion.  (Matthew 28:2)

* God sent HIS angel to remove chains from Peter's arms while he was lying in prison chained to two guards ... then God's angel caused the prison gate to be opened and led Peter out into the street outside the prison.  (Acts 12:6-11)

* God sent HIS angel to tell Paul the ship would be lost in the storm but all lives would  be spared.  (Acts 27:21-25, 44)

***

The day after this fervent prayer, the woman handling our case at tax department sent another email by which I knew she had a change of heart and now believed the property to truly be tax-exempt. By her letter, I knew my prayer to God had been answered and she was going to change us back to tax-exempt.

***

On July 18, 2019, we received official notice from the Lubbock, Texas, tax accessor that the property had been returned to tax exempt status for 2019.

But I knew the prayer was answered when I made that prayer a couple of weeks before this notice, and it would be over before it was officially over.

It was a supernatural type prayer filled with fire and the power of God.

James 5:16    The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

***

I John 5:14-15   And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.

*****