Tuesday, July 30, 2019

God can stop you if you are going wrong way.


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

Our ministry owns the house I lived in before moving to Colorado.  We have that house for-sale in Texas.

We were in the process of changing to another realtor toward the end of July. Pam awakened about 4 a.m. one night and couldn't go back to sleep.  She was thinking about the house and the potential new realtor.

Pam prayed, "God … if there is something wrong and we shouldn't sign with him, please stop us."

The next day, the contract arrived from the new realtor.

Pam was disturbed by something in the contract … and I was very disturbed.

We had told the realtor our  bottom price was $350,000.  Realtor listed the price on the contract as $349,900.  The hundred-dollar-reduction meant nothing to us but it sounded to us like some kind of sales gimmick.  And it was going exactly opposite in concept from that which I had prayed about this house.

I had prayed:  For God to bring buyer to this house.  I prayed that buyer would be able to afford the house, without financial strain.  That the buyer would recognize the quality of the house and how fortunate he was to get the house at this price, well below the actual value.

We did not need sales gimmicks.

By faith, we terminated the new realtor, though we had no human to help us in this real estate matter.  We chose to go with that which we prayed instead of the flesh and blood human which we saw.

You do not turn from things of God which you can't see, to cling to something you can see but do not believe in.  You can't continue going if you believe that way is opposite from your prayers or from the way God has shown you.

(In defense of realtor, he did not know what I had prayed.  I've never spoken with him.  Pam deals with this subject.)

So we terminated the plans with this realtor.  He even said he thought that was the best way for us to go. (with someone else)  We felt:  "No harm done to anyone."

But now we had no realtor!  and we live 450-miles away from this house ... We had no idea what to do when this happened.  We just sat stunned.

We recovered enough that night to send information by text message to contractor in Texas for we had told him of the new realtor and had given contractor the name of new realtor in case a buyer would want to make some adjustments to the property.

Tom, contractor, called us a few minutes after we sent the text message to him telling of no realtor.

Tom said he would help us find realtor.

We were delighted.  

Tom knows Lubbock, Texas, property having built custom houses in many areas of city.  Some of his houses have been over 15,000 square feet, multi-million dollar houses.  We are just a little property in his building experiences.  He also knows how to deal with major properties and with buyers of major properties.

And we felt Tom was assigned by God to help us with this!

After Tom's call, Pam went to her room for the night.  

I resumed reading my secular book which is "The Miracle at Dunkirk,"... WWII history.  

(I greatly enjoy reading accounts of WWII.  Seems to comfort me with today's life for I'm always having battles occur.)


***

The next morning, I awoke having no thought at all concerning what to do over house in Texas.

I just sort of sat there, feeling as if a truck had run over me and I was having to recover.

Then Pam came into my room to tell me Tom had called again that morning.  

Tom said he spoke with another builder and he felt he might have a realtor for the property.  

He wanted to meet with this realtor and watch her as she goes through the house to see if she really likes the house.  (I suspect this is someone who has previous experience in dealing with high end property and customers who purchase such.)

Tom said if he approves of her, then he will turn her over to us.

Great!


***

As Pam spoke with me that morning, she remembered she had been given a scripture from God as follows:

Isaiah 46:9-11    Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like ME,

10
Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, 


My counsel shall stand, and I will do all MY pleasure:

Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.


***

That pretty much ends this subject!


*****