Tuesday, July 16, 2019

As we go forth in God

(Chapter 12:  Book, Spiritual Warfare, coming July or August, 2019, on Amazon)

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Isaiah 55:11-13   So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.


*****

As we go forth, the Word which God gives us will accomplish God's purpose as we speak what we hear in the ear by the Spirit of God as we speak to the people.

Some will be saved as we speak, and delivered from the power of darkness of this present world.

Others will hate that word which we speak and they, like the Pharisees and Sadducees before them, will desire to kill us as we speak those truths from God.

Regardless, the will of God is done as we speak that which God gives us.

In God's sight, we will no longer be that thorn tree which we once were but we will be a fir tree ... instead of briars we will be a myrtle tree.

***

We will go forth in joy ... not in dread and fear.  The devil would send us forth in dread and fear, but not God.  If there is dread and fear, we are not ready to go forth.  Stop and pray and allow God to establish your thoughts for it well may be a devil that is sending you forth.  Dread and fear are certainly signs of the working of devils.

When it is God sending me, it is not that I have to do this thing, it is that I want to do this thing.  I can hardly wait to go.  I joy in getting the opportunity to do this.

***

As the body of Christ, we function in various ways.  

The eye does not do the same thing as the hand.  The foot does not do as the nose.

We cannot try to do as that other person does.  We must do that which God assigns us.

I have a spiritual gift of exhortation.  Pam Padgett has a spiritual gift of helps.  It works perfectly.  She cannot do as I do and I cannot do as she does.  But in our assignment from God, we are perfect.

And we both rejoice doing that which we are assigned by God and to do such benefits the entire body of Christ.

Ephesians 4:15-16    But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into HIM in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

***

I have always been a writer.  

But the first assignment God gave to me was speaking on radio.

In the night, while I was sleeping, an angel of the Lord, blew with a loud trumpet-like voice, 3 words into my ear.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

I jumped out of bed and wrote "KWJS" on a note pad, not wanting to get these letters mixed-up.  These were obviously call letters to either radio or television.  They turned out to be radio.

I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I'm a writer, not a speaker.  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Immediately the following gentle thought came to my mind.  "Call the radio station manager."

As soon as the radio station was open, I called asking to speak to the station manager.  

Amazingly he came on the phone immediately!

I told him God might be showing me to go on radio and I asked, "How would you do that?"

Station manager told me to make an audition tape, 29 1/2 minutes long, and if I fit their broadcasts they would offer me a contract.

I had a tape recorder at my apartment so I made a tape as soon as I got off the phone.

I just set a kitchen timer, prayed, and began recording.

By the following week, I was broadcasting exhortations to the church Monday through Friday on KWJS.

There was a woman in Fort Worth who had been praying for God to put a real faith teacher on radio on KWJS at the noontime hour.  

As the broadcast began, a woman was speaking and Lilly cried out, "NO!  Not a woman."  

She got up to turn off her radio but before she could get to the set, she became interested and started listening to that which I was speaking.  She became a big fan. 

It was an instant success on radio.

There was no Internet at that time, 1980.  Radio was then a key communication source for preachers.

I had never heard a religious type radio broadcast, and still haven't.  I just prayed, and began speaking as the Holy Spirit led me.  I did not plan what I would say.  I did not edit broadcasts.  I didn't even know how to edit a tape.  I just set the kitchen timer and recorded 29 1/2 minutes, speaking what the Spirit of God brought to my mind, scriptures, dreams, concepts ... 

Within a year, I was broadcasting from "Hartford to Seattle" just as that angel told me, starting on KWJS.

Before the first broadcast, I asked God to help me with my voice.  I had lived all my live in the Texas area.  My accent was not strong but there was some.  And I wanted help with my diction. 

God certainly had a way to help me.

I had written a little booklet, "Healing the Wounded Believer."   It was KJV Bible and all scripture.  For some reason I was recording those scriptures at that time.  As I spoke those verses aloud in that heavy English of King James Version, my diction improved greatly and my voice quality became very listenable.  The message was from the Holy Spirit so I knew it would be exciting to Christians. 

Later an ad agent tried to get me to put music at the beginning and ending of my broadcasts, but when they asked me what music I would use if I did this, I replied, "The first few measures of the last movement of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.", and they were shocked, saying the average radio listener had a forth grade education ... I did not find that true, but neither did I add music as the other radio preachers were doing.  I just told my name and began speaking the message given me by God. 

This same agency wanted to add, "Send me your prayer requests."

I was horrified at this idea and said, "No ... I won't do it.  They should pray directly through Jesus, not through me."

The ad agent explained:  "Well ... you are missing a good bet.  For when they send prayer requests, they often put money into the envelope!"

I never did that.

The agency got rid of me in about 4 months when they saw they could not control me.

I thought I had failed.  

But God, by HIS Spirit, reminded me of the following.

Matthew 4:8-10    Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.

I saw then I had not failed but had passed a big test, for I knew the ad agency could promote me to big-time in ministry.  They represented:  Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Robert Tilton ... and had been agent for Jimmy Swaggart.

***

Psalm 84:11    For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

God often gives us messages and directions to keep us from the wrong persons and especially from greatness in the eyes of other humans, which our flesh very much desires!

***

But all along the way, I found great joy in getting to do that which God had me do.

I enjoyed recording the radio broadcasts, then when Internet came, God gave me a dream in March 2012, showing me to start a blog.  Within 3 days of the dream, we were publishing the exhortations.  It was free, costing us no money at all, and it went all over the world.  No one edited the messages.  We were free to write that which we were shown by the Holy Spirit of God to write.  A great miracle!  For so often humans try to edit out those messages that God wants spoken.

Then we started writing ministry books on Amazon.  These books were circulated all over the world also.  And we could write these books. both e-books and paperback books, without any cost to the ministry!  Again, no editing!  Another miracle!

***

In 1982, God spoke the following word to me over and over.

"The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God ... The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."

A few days later,  God called to my attention various sins being committed by big-time radio/television ministers.  (Jim Bakker, Jimmy Swaggart, Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey, Robert Tilton)

I could not get a message to Bakker, Swaggart, or Copeland.

So I recorded the specific message, naming the minister by name, and I put the message on my radio broadcasts which were aired, at that time, from coast to coast in USA.

Then the ministers got the message.

***

In Seattle, the radio station manager was waiting for me outside the door of my meeting room. 

When I arrived George said:  

"Joan ... you have many good messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment messages, I don't know what is going to happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

The Holy Spirit rose up in me and spoke the following through me.

"George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

(About 1/2 of my stations put me off the air during those months.)

Eugene, Oregon, was one station that put me off the air but they had so many protests from radio audience that they said they would play my broadcasts if I allowed them to place a "disclaimer" at the beginning of the broadcast.

I didn't even answer their letter.

In 1984, I terminated the broadcasts on the remaining stations.  But I continued by writing exhortations and by recording cassette tapes, sent by USA mail, for the remaining radio audience on our mailing list.

Thousands left me during these years.

***

The following scripture meant a lot to me, and still does.

Paul said:

Philippians 3:7-11   But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

And be found in HIM, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

9   That I may know HIM, and the power of HIS resurrection, and the fellowship of HIS sufferings, being made conformable unto HIS death; 

(I often prayed Verse 9 over myself.)  

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.  


*****



Hymn:  There is A Fountain filled with Blood



(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1  There is a fountain filled with blood
Drawn from Immanuel’s veins;
And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains:

Lose all their guilty stains, (O Lord)
Lose all their guilty stains;

And sinners, plunged beneath that flood,
Lose all their guilty stains.

2   The dying thief rejoiced to see
That fountain in his day;
And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away:

Wash all my sins away, (O Lord)
Wash all my sins away;

And there may I, though vile as he,
Wash all my sins away.

3   Dear dying Lamb, Thy precious blood
Shall never lose its power,
Till all the ransomed ones of God
Be saved, to sin no more:

Be saved, to sin no more, (O Lord)
Be saved, to sin no more;

Till all the ransomed ones of God,
Be saved to sin no more.

4   E’er since by faith I saw the stream
Thy flowing wounds supply,
Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die:

And shall be till I die, (O Lord)
And shall be till I die;

Redeeming love has been my theme,
And shall be till I die.

5   When this poor lisping, stammering tongue
Lies silent in the grave,
Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy power to save:

I’ll sing Thy power to save, (O Lord)
I’ll sing Thy power to save;

Then in a nobler, sweeter song,
I’ll sing Thy power to save.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


*****

Scripture pertaining to this hymn:

Hebrews 9:22   without shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. 

Blood has to be shed to pay for our sins.

Did you shed your own blood for your sins?  I didn't.

Jesus did shed HIS blood for our sins.

And only Jesus is worthy.

Revelation 5:1-6    And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.  And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

And HE came and took the book out of the right hand of HIM that sat upon the throne.

And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.



And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for THOU wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by THY blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 

And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.  

And we do reign on the earth now, through Jesus, The Word, given us by The Holy Spirit who lives in us, the believers. 

***

v. 1   Lose all their guilty stains;

Even after we are born again, memories come to us to make us sad as we remember past sins and wish we had done better.  I've found if I just make myself think on the payment made by Jesus' blood for my sins, those bad memories vanish as I think on the way Jesus purchased me.  And when I make myself think on the following scripture I am helped greatly.

I John 1:7     But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

We walk in the light of the Word which is given us by the Holy Spirit and when we do that Word we are recreated in the image of Jesus, The Word.  Over and over as we choose to go in the way of the Holy Spirit we are recreated into the image of Jesus.

It is a choice made by us for the flesh and devils never go away so we are constantly confronted with choosing the way of God shown us by the Spirit of God

When we are born again we are changed immediately and given the Holy Spirit of God to enable us to please God and to serve God.  It is the Holy Spirit who reminds of us scripture and concepts to show us what to do that we may please God.  

Before we were born again we pleased our own flesh.

Galatians 5:19-21  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft (trusting in superstitions), hatred, variance (to vary/debate), emulations (to compete against another), wrath (hold ill will against), strife, seditions, heresies,  envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is impossible to please God by our own thinking, unless we have the Spirit of God and are subduing our thoughts to HIM.

I Corinthians 2:14    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

After we are born again by the Spirit of God by the will of God, we are a new creature.

II Corinthians 5:17    Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Now we can serve God instead of serving our own flesh.  The power of God lives in us by the Holy Spirit so now we can know the will of God.  God has equipped us to go in HIS way and now we want to do right in the sight of God.

God's spirit shows us the will of God.

I Corinthians 2:10    for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Galatians 5:22-23     But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:

Our own flesh and devils still work together against God to take us another way.

But now we have the power of God to choose God's way.


*****