Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Your adversary, the devil, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. I Peter 5:8

(Chapter 13:  Book, Spiritual Warfare, coming July or August, 2019, on Amazon)

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

From the time I was born again in 1975, I have had a very strong love for the church and the ministries of God.

I think God gives us that love.

"The church" are those individuals who have the Spirit of God.  I do not speak of the congregation as being "the church".  Many in the congregation are not the church.

Those of the faith are the church.

***

The ministries of God:  Ephesians 4:11-12  And HE (Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

(I will correct corrupt ministers when God shows them twisting scripture, discarding scripture, rebelling against scripture.)

***

I know I love "the church" as much as I do any of my natural family.

And I have greatly honored ministers.  

As a new Christian, I made an appointment with my pastor to discuss with him a very serious decision I had planned doing based on Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the Lord. 

As I drove to the appointment with pastor, I prayed for God to give HIS wisdom to pastor.

Pastor listened to me and then said, "Joan ... I perceive you have faith to do this, this way."

Another example:  I invited the pastor of the church I was attending to come to dinner at my house.  He accepted.  I was so honored that pastor and his wife would come to my  house.

One of my customers, (business I owned at that time:  American Indian Arts), invited me to attend the Dallas Crystal Charity Ball, one of the biggest social events of the year in Dallas.  She had added me to the guest list.  The event turned out to be on the same night as the dinner I had planned for my pastor.

There was no question to me concerning which event was more important.

I called the RSVP for the Dallas Crystal Charity Ball to decline the invitation.

The woman on the phone said, "But we have you sitting next to Mr. Stanley and Mr. Richard (owners of Neiman-Marcus)."  She was shocked that anyone would decline such.

I replied:  "You'll just have to find someone else to sit between Mr. Stanley and Mr. Richard, for my pastor is coming to dinner at my house."

There was no one more important to me than my pastor!

I love the church.  I love the ministers appointed by God.

But not when they are corrupt church and corrupt ministers, showing to me their disrespect for scripture and Holy Bible.

I've often had to leave a group because of false doctrine, but I've loved "the church and godly ministers".

In the 1970's, when I still owned my business, I was greatly honored to be invited to a reception in Dallas for the men who translated the New International Version of the Bible which was just being published.

I did attend this and gave liberally toward this publication of this Bible which I greatly appreciated.  I felt fortunate to be living in the period of time when this was published and also to be able, because of my business, to be a contributor to this work.

To me, nothing was more important than that Word God gave me by His Spirit, and Bible, and the ministers of God, and the church.

(At that time, I had no idea I was to be a minister.  I didn't know then that a woman could be a minister and I had no desire to be a minister.  I felt then that my role in the church was going to be making money and giving it to the church.  But God had other plans more significant than money for me, which HE revealed to me shortly after this time.)


***

Concerning the church: 

I John 2:9-11    He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.


But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

***

In January-February, 2019, I was recovering from an accident and was in a rehabilitation hospital in Lubbock, Texas.  At that center, they provided many activities for their patients.  All holidays were celebrated with food and activities.  And they planned movies and other events suitable for handicapped people.

One afternoon, in my room, I was aware something was going on in the dining area adjacent to my room.  Then I heard hymns being played on a guitar.  As hymns continued, I called desk to ask nurse to put me into wheelchair and roll me out to that area.  About 30 patients were sitting around this man who played the hymns.  Most people were singing.  I just sat there at the back of the group and wept!  It was so overwhelming to me to see these people sitting there singing hymns and to get to be among them!  This is the only event I attended in the 2 months I was at the facility.

(I told this to one of the women who was in our little church group and she didn't understand at all.  She is no longer with our little group.  She showed she didn't really care that much for the church, though she argued with me that she did care.)

I can't go to churches because of the corruption I see and know to be there against the scripture.

But it was wonderful to get to be among those singing hymns.


***

Several years ago, a woman came among us and caused a lot of trouble.  I began to question if she was really born again.

She said to me that the thing that concerned her is she did not have a love for those in the church.

That was very obvious to me for she was fascinated with me but wasn't really interested in the church people.

This woman followed me to Lubbock, Texas, moving there from Houston where she had lived her entire life.

After she got to Lubbock, and bought a house, she asked me to go with her to buy a dining room light fixture.  I agreed to do this.  But I prayed that we would find a fixture quickly and not have to go all over town looking for a light fixture!  

We met at the lighting store.  The minute I entered the store, I saw a fixture I thought would work well in her house.  But I wanted her to find what she wanted without my interference.  So I said nothing.  She wandered all over the store and came back to where I was waiting.  I asked her if she found anything she liked and she said she hadn't.  I pointed out the fixture I had seen when entering the store and told her I thought that would work.  She did too.  So she bought that fixture and so far as I know she liked it very much.

At one point, I said to her:  "Did you pray before we went to look for that light fixture?"

She replied,  "No ... because I knew you would."

It seemed to me that her faith was in me.

I did not like this and tried to discourage her from this.  She is no longer a part of our little church group.


***

I told a second woman in our church group that one of her problems was she had a love for her husband and children and grandchild, but not for the church.

She was very offended at this.  But I knew it was true.  

When you love the church, you don't hold anything of God back from the church. (I knew this woman was holding back concerning that which God had shown her, messages which she consumed on herself but failed to share with us, the church.)  

I am very careful to share with you everything I believe to be from God even if it causes embarrassment to me or makes me look less than intelligent.

Most people protect themselves from the church.

They know things from God but will not share them for to do so might cause you to think them less competent or less spiritual or less intelligent. 

They will not lay down their lives for the church because their love for the church is not great enough.


***

Also if you love someone, you fight to hold on to them.   You do not so easily walk away.  For to walk away shows you do not consider them important to your life to work to hold onto them.

This second woman told me, two or three times when angry, "Just remove me from the church list."

But each time she said this to me I knew the voice speaking was not her but was another voice, a devil that was living in her, for devils were actually living in her.


***

You may have been taught that devils cannot live in a human who has Holy Spirit, but I can testify to you that is incorrect.

After I was born again, at three different times in the night while sleeping, God cast devils out of me and allowed me to view the casting out process. 

One was a lying spirit.  Another was a double minded spirit.  The third was not identified to me by name but was cast out by the Holy Spirit.

In one situation, a smart alecky type devil was skipping through my chest cavity and ran straight into the Holy Spirit.  The devil tried to dart back and hide but the Holy Spirit said, "I see you ... You must go from her ...  You must go ... You must go... You must go."  

The devil tried to remain in me but the Holy Spirit kept pushing the devil out of me.  I felt a choking sensation as devil tried to hold on in me.  But finally devil tore out of me and I was coughing.

So I know devils can live in the believer while the Holy Spirit is also living in believer.


***

Each time I had trouble with this second woman, which was almost each time I spoke with her in the last few phone calls, I was reminded of a devil speaking through her, but only after I got off the phone from talking with her.  Had it been the right time to cast that devil out, I believe God would have reminded me while I was speaking with her.  Somehow it was not the right time, in my opinion.

With her, I always thought of a fountain having sweet and bitter water.  I knew multiple spirits were living in her.  I always thought the Holy Spirit was one of the spirits in her.  However I do think God could remove the Holy Spirit from a person who would not hear nor follow the Holy Spirit. I saw her repeatedly reject that brought to her mind by the Holy Spirit and it grew worse and worse.

James 3:10-11   Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.  Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

***

Devils don't even have the same voice as the other person.  Often they are insolent and prideful.  And frequently devils are fierce and hostile.  And they can be scornful, and even act as "show offs".  They have a voice to match their personalities.

I believe multiple devils live in this second woman.

(Three devils were cast out of me after I was born again.)

***

We can feed devils and make them comfortable so they will not want to leave their home, which is us.

One way we feed them is by following them.

This second woman often went the wrong way and when I spoke to her about the right way, she said, "I thought of that"  but she chose to go the way suggested by the other spirit who brought another idea to her.  

Thus she rejected the Holy Spirit over and over as she chose to do that brought to her mind by her own flesh and by those devils living in her.

The devils in her got stronger and stronger as she followed their ideas.

Finally it became so bad that in one phone conversation (she lives in another state), I had to pause the conversation and get Pam Padgett to join us on the phone extension.  

At first this woman settled down, knowing Pam was listening, and she seemed to regain her senses, but then one of those devils took over again and Pam witnessed that devil speaking through this woman.  It was loud, confusing, irrational and very angry with me.  That is what devils are.

Devils can drive you mad.  Remember the scripture where the legion of devils lived in that man and Jesus cast these devils out into a herd of swine and the pigs went crazy and bolted over the cliff and drown in the sea?  

Matthew 8:28-32     And when HE (Jesus) was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met Him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.

And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?


And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.

So the devils besought Him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine. 

And HE (Jesus) said unto them, Go

And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.


(Devils will drive you crazy enough to kill you if you allow them to control you.)

This is how crazy these devils can cause a person to be.   It is a form of suicide, self-destruction.

At one point, this woman was speaking so loudly on phone that Pam, in another room in the house, could hear this woman though the solid-core door to my room was closed.  (Speaker phone was on in my room.)

I'm sure this woman would be very shocked at herself if only I could play for her a recording of her speaking.  It was loud and not her own voice.  (But I don't have a tape recording of this.)

Devils can speak thoughts to us from without our body, or devils can be inside us and speak through us.

Either way, we control them exactly the same way we control our own flesh.  

We just do not allow our flesh or devils to say what they want to say, or do what they want to do.

Instead we follow the spirit of God and speak and do as the Spirit leads us.


***

Which ever spirit you feed will get stronger.

We feed the spirit, whether Holy Spirit or devils, by such things as TV shows, books we choose to read, or people we choose to be around. 

Also we feed devils by not wanting to read the Bible nor godly writings.  Or by rushing through spiritual writings and Bible in order to get to something that seems "more important."  Discipline must be exercised in reading scripture.  We can't allow devils to whisper, "You know that.  Just skip it and go on."  Devils say such things to us as we are reading Bible or blog.  We must have a good tolerance for repetition.  There have been times one passage of scripture has lasted in my heart for several months and I would reread that passage and rejoice each time I reread it.

Another thing we began doing in July, 2019, on our blog, is copying lists of scripture contained in blog for that day.

I like to print these scriptures and sit down with the list at some point each day, and go over the verses again and see if God shows me anything from one or more of those scriptures.  

Often I will see something I hadn't noticed before!  Then I focus on that and often write an exhortation for the blog from those verses.

I feel this is one way to keep my heart from growing cold to Bible and things of God.

Matthew 24:12-13    Jesus says:    And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.


***

And we especially feed devils when we choose to say what they want us to say or do what they want us to do.


***

Everyone is around someone.

We had a woman in our church group who lived in Wisconsin.  I often said of her, "She's around someone."  though I didn't know who.  

She got cancer and was in final stages.  I learned she was around her blood relative sister.  When this woman died, I had occasion to speak by phone with this sister.  She was the meanest spirited woman I have ever spoken to.  I was shocked at the evil in this woman.  Yet that is the woman Linda chose to be around.

I can't imagine associating with evil people whether people of the world or relatives.

***

When I was in hospital after an accident, awaiting surgery, they came to get me to sign a paper showing who was to be in charge of me.  One of our church group was there at the time.  I suspect she would think I would put her name on the paper.  But I could not trust this woman.  She had too often made strange decisions which I had witnessed.  She showed no evidence to me that she was either connected to God nor sought God.  I would never put such a person over me.  Also I had prayed many times that if anything happened to me, this woman would never be in charge of me.

So I wrote the name "Pam Padgett" on the surgery paper.

Sandra was standing there when I did this and she was shocked.  She said, "How can she be in charge of you?  She lives in Colorado."  (We were in Texas.)

I replied, "I don't know how but she is, for she will pray."

(I felt this offended Sandra and it wasn't long before God gave me a vision of Sandra turning her back on me and leaving and that is exactly what she ended up doing.)

No matter what, I can't ever imagine that I would put an unbeliever in charge of me.

(Neither of the two women I spoke of in this writing are connected to our church group at this point in time.  One left us and the other woman had to be put away from us according to I Corinthians 5:11 for "railing". )

I Corinthians 5:11;13   But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Railer:  A person who speaks vehemently, with bitterness, especially accusing another person.


*****

(Our little church group lives all over the USA.  At the time of my accident, only one woman lived in the same place I lived in Texas.  Our church group is from our former radio audience, for the most part, and I was on radio from NYC to Seattle, so we operate as the church while living hundreds of miles apart.  We are connected by Spirit.  And we communicate by email and phone.)

*****




Hymn:  Great is THY faithfulness



(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


1.  Great is Thy faithfulness,
O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning 

  with Thee;
Thou changest not, 
Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been 
  Thou forever wilt be.

Chorus:

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!

Morning by morning new mercies I see;

All I have needed Thy WORD hath provided— 


Great is Thy faithfulness, 
Lord, unto me! 


2.  Summer and winter, 
and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.


3.  Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!



(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)

***** 

Scriptures pertaining to this hymn:

James 1:17    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.


***

Genesis 8:22  While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

God set all things in the solar system and they are faithful to continue in the commandment of God.  We see the faithfulness of God's word day by day as the seasons continue and as the sun is visible day by day.

As God is faithful in this word, we can have faith God will perform every word HE has given us.



 *****