Monday, July 22, 2019

Way of the world: Living in glory, dying in disappointment and bitterness. Way of God: Defamed by man but rising to eternal glory!


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Our flesh very much wants praise of men.  We want to be honored by other people.  Most of us seek this and strive for this.

Some even achieve this ... for a season.

Then the period passes ... they grow older and are no longer glorified as they once were.

Toward the end most of them live in frustration, longing ... and even bitterness.

It is all gone before they are gone!

What was it all for? they often ask themselves.

And so it is with the glory of men.

But we who serve God have a different way of life.

Our life is in Christ!

We follow HIM.  

Likely this will not bring us glory of man on this earth.  Often they will turn against us when we do that which we believe God has shown us to do.

But when we follow God, we will not be ashamed at HIS coming for we have been doing that which HE showed us to do as we live on this earth.

I John 2:28   And now, little children, abide in HIM; that, when HE shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before HIM at HIS coming.

We have all the paperback books in the Life in Christ series, and I keep one of those in the bathroom and read through that book then get another.

Often when I begin to read in one of the books, I'm a little fearful, thinking, "I wonder what I wrote in this book," afraid it might not be good.  Often I am shocked that everything is still valid and good.

But when we are reporting what God said and what God did, it is going to last and stand the test of time.  And we should not be ashamed at Jesus coming when we are accurately reporting that which God revealed to us.

Romans 9:33  As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on HIM shall not be ashamed.

Romans 10:11    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on HIM shall not be ashamed.

***

When we report that which God has said to us and that which we have done because we believe God told us to do that, man may shame us but we will not have to be ashamed at the day of judgment for all we were doing is that which we believed God told us to do.

Psalm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do HIS commandments: HIS praise endureth for ever.

***

At the time of this writing, I am 81-years-old.

This is the best time of my life.

I suspect few older people can say that.  They are usually looking backward to the times they were younger ... and could go dancing ... or could travel ... and such.

But I am so happy and content daily to be able to sit and hear and write those things which I believe to be given me by God for the church at this exact moment in time.

I pray almost daily for God to fill my day ... and HE always does!



*****