Monday, July 22, 2019

Effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We, this ministry, owns a house in Lubbock, Texas, which we have placed on the for-sale market.

The house was built for me to live in but after my accident December 6, 2018, I heard the following as the ambulance people were rolling me past my front door:  "You'll never see this house again." 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

I knew the season for me at that house in Texas was over.

I put the house on the for-sale market even as I was awaiting surgery.  I didn't know where I would be going but I knew I would not be returning to that house in Texas.

When we hear, what we believe to be a Word from God, that is what will happen.


***

So we listed the house with a realtor.  

While I was in rehabilitation hospitals in Texas, it became clear that God's plan for me was to move to Colorado Springs, Colorado, (450-miles-away), to live in home of Pam Padgett, one of our little church group.

After 2 1/2 months in rehab-hospitals, I moved directly from hospital to Colorado.

The house in Texas remained on the market.  We changed realtors but only 4 or 5 people, to our knowledge, viewed the house during the time it was placed on the market with second realtor starting in April, 2019.  (The first realtor never got it onto the market between December 2018 and April 2019.)

In mid-July, 2019, I began to be a little depressed over something ... a little "down".

I believe my problem is this house in Texas which has not sold!

It appears no one is even asking to see the house!


***

On Sunday, July 21, 2019, I took strong action... beginning with prayer.

To God:

Nothing is impossible with GOD

YOU can sell this house and YOU can sell it to people who like it.

Please get this settled ... now!


YOU can get the buyer to us ... YOU can get the buyer to the exact location ... and exact time for buyer to live there ... Acts 17:26

(Acts 17:26 says God puts us in the places where we are to live and the exact times we are to live there.  NIV Original Translation ... paraphrased )


(said to God)   I would like a realtor and buyer who loves the house.

A perfect place for someone


Please help us get it sold this year so we won't have to deal with taxes next year.

(The property is tax-exempt but if we still own the property we will have to re-file for tax exempt status in 2020.)

To God:  It needs to be sold now ... I feel we are running out of time.

I can't see that YOU would want us to keep this house since YOU told me I would never see this house again.


Please get realtor and buyer together fast.

(A prayer must be according to the will of God ... I certainly feel it is the will of God for us to sell this house ... it seems "now" is the time.)

I John 5:14-15  And this is the confidence that we have in HIM, that, if we ask any thing according to HIS will, HE heareth us:

And if we know that HE hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of HIM.
 


To God:  And I ask YOU to greatly bless the person YOU put there.

I pray it be an easy sale ... no haggling.

I pray the buyer instantly recognizes the quality of the property, and how fortunate he is to get it at that price.


And I pray he can easily afford it ... that it be a blessing all the way around to everyone who touches it ... realtor, buyer, Tom, Orilia, and us.


*****

(Pam Padgett is searching for realtors right now.)

I sent following to our current realtor:

7-21-2019

Carol, I greatly hope you can get full commission for this house ... but even if we feel we have to get another realtor, you will get a compensation check from us after house sells.

Now is the time one way or another.

Joan


(I attached copy of the prayer I made over the house.)


*****


So far as I know, this clears everything.  

When we pray, we must pray a prayer "of faith".

Prayer must be "effectual" and "fervent".  (James 5:16)

To me, effectual would mean:  Upon what grounds do I pray this prayer?

In this case:  I can reason that it must be the will of God for the house to sell since God told me I would never see "this" house again after my accident. 

"Fervent"  red hot ... from the heart ... 

"let your requests be made known unto God ..."  Philippians 4:6

We are tax exempt, but to keep a house which we are not using costs us approximately $500 per month in utilities, insurance, and up-keep (lawn).  And it is a needless weight hanging over us.

To me, the time is "now" and this needs to end.


*****