Monday, July 15, 2019

Poison from flesh & devil. Antidote from God

(Chapter 11:  Book, Spiritual Warfare, coming July or August, 2019, on Amazon)

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


II Corinthians 10:5    For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:

(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)


Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


*****

Our flesh and devil bring thoughts to our minds to take us in an opposite way from the Spirit of God, to stop us from doing the will of God, to block the Word of God.

These thoughts of flesh and devil are like poison coming into our mind.

The antidote is that which God would give us.

Here are specific examples of spiritual dealings to put to death destructive thoughts.

***

* Poison:  This potentially harmful thought came in a birthday card.  This woman wished me a "Happy Birthday" and went on to tell me of her recent Thanksgiving Day celebration with her husband, her daughter, her grandson.  Then she told me of her plans for Christmas.

* Antidote:  Instantly, as I read this, the Holy Spirit said to me:  

"You are dead.  And your life is hid with Christ."  

I joyfully responded, "That's right!"

Colossians 3:1-4   If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with HIM in glory.

It looks like I have no life ... no husband, no children, no grandchildren, no plans for holidays ... but my life is hid ... and when Christ appears my life will appear with HIM!

Truth from God by HIS Spirit extinguishes the fires that would come from my own flesh and devils.  It is the antidote to the poisonous thoughts that come to the mind.

The "obedience to Christ" is that truth that comes from God by His Spirit.

We must agree with that truth.


***

* Poison:  A man walked into his back yard and noticed his overstuffed storage shed.  As he stood there, he began to think about building another storage shed to store his stuff.

* Antidote:  The Holy Spirit said:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

The plans of God are often so logical and opposite to the plans of our flesh and devils.

At the time this happened. this man was in his 70's.  Shortly after this he began having physical problems.  It would have been more hardship on him and his wife had he tried to hold onto his stuff.

As I get older, I find I want less stuff!

***

* Here is an example of an antidote that came before the poison.

My mother told me of this dream she had about me.  I came to visit and I was driving a very large white van.  I got out and kept circling the van, protecting it.

I often thought of this dream through the years when attacks came to try to stop me from doing the work of the ministry to which I was assigned by God.

***

* Poison:  (While writing on the blog, the following thought came.)  "You write too much.  There are too many examples."

* Antidote:  (I prayed, asking God about this, and I had the following brought to my mind.)  

Hebrews 10:25   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

As we draw closer to the day of the Lord, sins increase and people become worse and worse.  The devil is rampant.  Destruction is even in the church groups as scriptures are changed in part and portions removed from the doctrines.  

Consequently we should exhort one another even more as we approach the return of Jesus.

Paul said:  This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come...  evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.  (II Timothy 3:1;13)

Concerning the end times, Jesus warned:  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.  (Matthew 24:12-13)


***

Godly correction is not poison.  Godly correction is salvation to those who will hear us.

Luke 20:17-18    Jesus says:   The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner?  Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Those who repent at the Word will have their own flesh broken by the Word.

But for those who reject the Word given them, they will have the Word fall upon them grinding them to powder.


***

I was speaking with Pam Padgett concerning Chapter 13 of the Spiritual Warfare book, which published on Amazon in July, 2019, and I said, "Devils are never nice."

*  Poison:  I heard:  "We are too nice."

Antidote:  Devils are contrary to the Word of God and there is no truth in them.  They are never nice.

John 8:44    Jesus said to disobedient:  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.


***

* Concerning "Spiritual Warfare" book ...

* Poison:  "You'd better skip Chapter 13 ... it's unlucky ... just do like they do in numbering elevators and skip from 12 to 14.

* Antidote:  Superstitions are works of the flesh ... 

Galatians 5:19-21   Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,  idolatry, witchcraft (living by superstitions), hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,  envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If we choose to live by superstitions we will not inherit the kingdom of God.  I choose not to do this.


***

While reading Bible or blog ... 

* Poison:  Devils will say, "You know that. Just skip on to something important."  

* Antidote:  When I find myself rushing past a section of scripture because I know it so well, I make myself stop reading, and I start praying: "God ... please help me to read this properly."

When I honor the scripture this way, often God will allow me to see some facet in that scripture that I have never before seen. Do we really think we can ever know everything about any given verse of scripture?


***


While driving along highway, Pam Padgett mentioned to me that some of her neighbors go to Arizona for winter and return to Colorado Springs for summer.

The next day:  The thought came that we still have a house in Texas where there is rarely snow in winter, so we could do that.

But I don't want to do that!  

- I don't have to drive, so snow is no problem to me, and Pam doesn't seem to mind driving in snow.
- I'm not an outdoor person.  I'm totally content to be in my room at Pam's house.
- The house in Texas has no furniture.  It is for sale and we want to sell it.
- We would have to transport 5 animals if we went there:  3 cats & 2 big dogs
- So far as I know, the outside cold is no problem to me.
- Pam likes snow!  I think it is very pretty.

Would this plan really be "easy"?  God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.

How do you know if the idea you have is from God?

James 3:17    But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Most important of all:  When they were taking me to hospital and they rolled me out past my front door at Lubbock, Texas, house, I heard a word, which I believed to be from God:  "You'll never see this house again."

This example shows us how those things we hear can go into our hearts and try to bear fruit.


***

* Poison:  "That which you have written is too long."

* Antidote:  "Paul preached till midnight."

Acts 20:1-2  And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto him the disciples, and embraced them, and departed for to go into Macedonia. And when he had gone over those parts, and had given them much exhortation, he came into Greece, 

7   And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.


Hebrews 10:25-26   Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

(as we see "the day of the Lord" approaching we need "more" exhortations because the sin increases so the warnings are even more important.) 

26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 


***

(Devil brings thoughts opposite to the way God wants us to go.)

II Thessalonians 2:3-4   Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

(People will depart from the Word of God, falling away from that instruction given by the Holy Spirit.)

4   Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(Devil will brings thoughts "opposite" to the way God has brought to mind. The devil comes to steal, to kill, to destroy. To make things hard on us. The WORD comes that we might have life and have it more abundantly. Romans 10:10... And the Holy Spirit reminds us of that WORD spoken by Jesus.  John 14:26)

Choose life! The way of God.


*****

Hymn:  On Christ, The Solid Rock I stand



(Click forward arrow > to play music:)


  1.  My hope is built on nothing less 
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.


Chorus:

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,

All other ground is sinking sand. 

2.  When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.


3.   His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.


4.  When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.



(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)


***** 

Scripture pertaining to this hymn:

On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,

Jesus is The Word and The Word from God is Jesus. So when I consider "standing on Christ", I think of The Word brought to my mind by The Holy Spirit which never fails.

John 1:1-4   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him (The Word); and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him (The Word) was life; and the life (The Word) was the light  of men. 

Jesus (The Word) was with God in heaven from  before the creation of this heaven and earth.

Then the time came for The Word  to leave heaven and appear as a man on this earth in the name of Jesus.

John 1:14    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld HIS glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.


*****  


A few of many things THE WORD says to us, the children of God:

* I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.  (Joshua 1:5 & Hebrews 13:5)

The Word spoken to our minds by Jesus' Holy Spirit will always come to pass.

* No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me, saith the Lord.  (Isaiah 54:17)

* Jesus, The Word says ... lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.   (Matthew 28:20)

* my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (THE WORD). (Philippians 4:19)

* If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.   (James 1:5)


*****


Matthew 16:13-18    When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.


And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but My Father which is in heaven.

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build MY church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter was blessed because God chose to reveal the truth to Peter.

Thus "the rock" is the word that comes down from God on the issue at hand.

This "word" will not fail.  If God tells you something, it will happen.  That Word from God is a rock which cannot fail and it is upon that rock the church (we) are built.

And the gates of hell will not prevail against that word God has given us in the matter at hand.


It is as Jesus says in following scripture:

Matthew 7:24-27     whosoever heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

And every one that heareth these sayings of Mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.


***

  v. 4   When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.


Our trust must be at all times in the blood of Jesus that cleanses us from all sins.

Hebrews 9:22    without shedding of blood is no remission.

God showed it to me this way:

I have shed no blood to pay for my sins.  Jesus shed HIS blood to pay for my sins.  Therefore my sins are paid for by Jesus' blood.

When thoughts of sins I did in past come to my mind, I must refuse to dwell on them.  Instead I must reflect on the truth that all those past sins have been paid for by the blood of Jesus.  There is nothing I can do of myself to make up for past acts which I now regret.  I must trust my salvation in all things to have been bought by the blood of Jesus.  I must keep myself in this truth at all times. 


*****