Friday, July 5, 2019

.

Hymn:  I serve a risen Savior  (HE lives!  HE lives!  Christ Jesus lives today!)




(Click forward arrow > to play music:)

1.  I serve a risen Savior
He’s in the world today.
I know that He is living,

Whatever men may say.

I see His hand of mercy;

I hear His voice of cheer;
And just the time I need Him

He’s always here. 

Chorus:

He lives! He lives! 
Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me 
along life’s narrow way.

He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart.



2.  In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And though my heart grows weary,

I never will despair;

I know that He is leading,

Through all the stormy blast;
The day of His appearing

Will come at last.

3.  Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs

To Jesus Christ the King!

The Hope of all who seek Him,

The Help of all who find,
None other is so loving,

So good and kind.


(Click pause symbol,  "  ... at beginning of hymn, to stop music)

*****

Scriptures pertaining to this hymn:

Matthew 28:1-6  In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.  His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow. And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. 

And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 

HE is not here: for HE is risen, ... 

*** 

Luke 24:1-6   Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:

And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?

HE is not here, but is risen, ...

 
*** 

 John 14:19   Yet a little while, and the world seeth ME no more; but ye see ME: because I live, ye shall live also.

When we are born again, we are sealed with the HOLY SPIRIT of JESUS.  (Ephesians 1)

Jesus lives in us.

***

Salvation to impart ... What I like so much is Jesus (The Word) gives us freedom from the sins of this present world as we continue to live on this earth.  Because we love the Bible and all the word of God brought by the Holy Spirit we see the way to go that we can stay free from the various traps and serve God.  

This world wants freedom to sin.

We want freedom from sin.

Matthew 7:13-14   Jesus says:   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

We rejoice in the Word of God for that word leads us away from the destruction of man as we live on this earth.

*****