Sunday, October 13, 2024

πŸ’₯ Pure religion and undefiled in the sight of God.

James 1
 
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
 
"visit" means to judge their situation in their affliction to see if we have help which we can provide them.
 
It is critical to do our works with a "clean heart" and a "right Spirit".
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
I judge myself this way.  Is my heart "clean" ... is my Spirit right?
 
David prayed this:  Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
 
I know God is able to instantly cleanse my heart and give me a right spirit. 
 
So I often pray this over myself.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯