Wednesday, June 26, 2024

πŸ’₯ Gaining power through medating in the word of God.

 
The power of the Word of God is loosed in us as we meditate on the scriptures which enables us to do the verses of scripture brought to our attention by the Holy Spirit.
  
 Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Ephesians 3:20   Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
 
The power in us is the power of the Holy Spirit.
 
As HE calls a scripture to our attention and we set ourselves to meditate on that scripture day and night, thinking on it , power grows in us to do that scripture
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Example:
 
Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
 
Look up key words in dictionary:
 
edify:  to build in the grace and way of God
 
Ask yourself:  If I speak this will it show the way of God.  Or will it simply "tickle the flesh" and cause sin?  
 
Example:  I was visiting with my neighbors during the Presidental election between Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Trump.  My flesh wanted to say, "And what do you think about the election?"
 
But I had been meditating on Eph. 3:20 day and night.
 
If I chose to speak that which I wanted to speak it would set hell loose and I knew it.  Politics does that.
 
But the temptation was so great in me, wanting to say that, finally I just put my hand over my mouth and fled to my house across the street with out speaking.
 
Many times I will pray, "God don't let me speak that ... 
 
And God doesn't let me speak that which my flesh wants to speak.
 
Great power is loosed in us as we choose to meditate in scripture which enables us to do that verse of scripture.
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯