Monday, June 10, 2024

πŸ’₯ *Sharing with the church daily

 
 (Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

Jeremiah 2  (Jeremiah speaking to the Jews by God)

5  Thus saith the LORD, What iniquity have your fathers found in ME, that they are gone far from ME, and have walked after vanity, and are become vain?

19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that MY fear is not in thee, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

20 For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot.

21 Yet I had planted thee a noble vine, wholly a right seed: how then art thou turned into the degenerate plant of a strange vine unto ME?

22 For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before ME, saith the Lord GOD.

23 How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

24 A wild ass u
sed to the wilderness, that snuffeth up the wind at her pleasure; in her occasion who can turn her away? all they that seek her will not weary themselves; in her month they shall find her.

25 Withhold thy foot from being unshod, and thy throat from thirst: but thou saidst, There is no hope: no; for I have loved strangers, and after them will I go.

26 As the thief is ashamed when he is found, so is the house of Israel ashamed; they, their kings, their princes, and their priests, and their prophets,

27 Saying to a stock, Thou art my father; and to a stone, Thou hast brought me forth: for they have turned their back unto ME, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us.

28 But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah.

29 Wherefore will ye plead with ME? ye all have transgressed against ME, saith the LORD.

30 In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.

31 O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say MY people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?

32 Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? yet MY people have forgotten ME days without number.

33 Why trimmest thou thy way to seek love? therefore hast thou also taught the wicked ones thy ways.

34 Also in thy skirts is found the blood of the souls of the poor innocents: I have not found it by secret search, but upon all these.

35 Yet thou sayest, Because I am innocent, surely HIS anger shall turn from me. Behold, I will plead with thee, because thou sayest, I have not sinned.

36 Why gaddest thou about so much to change thy way? thou also shalt be ashamed of Egypt, as thou wast ashamed of Assyria.

37 Yea, thou shalt go forth from HIM, and thine hands upon thine head: for the LORD hath rejected thy confidences, and thou shalt not prosper in them.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
1 Corinthians 13
 
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
 
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
 
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 


 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern 
 
Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  

 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Hebrews 1
 
8 But unto the Son he saith, THY throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of THY kingdom.
 
9 THOU hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even THY God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above THY fellows.
 
10 And, THOU, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of THINE hands: 

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Before I went to see my primary care physician assistant, Jamie, last Friday, I prayed for wisdom regarding recommendations she might make about tests. I don't want to put myself through any more than necessary, both in terms of the tests themselves and in the stress of waiting for the results.
 
A little over a year ago I noticed some physical problem (I can't remember what the problem was now.). I asked God about it and heard "thyroid". So during my yearly appointment with Jamie last year I asked about checking my thyroid. She did a blood test and found that there was a problem and prescribed a medication.
 
During the appointment this year, she told me about the blood tests taken last year to check my thyroid before and after taking the prescribed medication. During this review she mentioned that my calcium and vitamin D levels were "wonderful".
 
Later in the appointment she told of some tests she recommended I have. One of these was a bone-density test. I kept having the thought to ask what was involved in this test. She said its like an x-ray. Then I had the thought to ask if anything could be done if one's bone density was considered low. She said they recommend the patient get plenty of calcium and vitamin D, unless its extremely low in which case some medication might be prescribed.
 
As she told me these things, I decided I did not want to have this test done, for it doesn't seem good to have unnecessary x-rays done to my body, especially when my calcium and vitamin D levels are already very good.
 
She said they like to have a baseline bone density test, but then admitted this really wasn't a necessary test.
 
God knows every detail about us and about what is being recommended and is able to sort through the matter for us as we ask HIM for wisdom, putting our trust in HIM.
 
1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
I am 78 years old and have arthritis in both of my knees. There was a time, about two or so years ago, when I had so much pain that it was difficult for me to walk, much less climb stairs. I thought I was probably going to need to have knee replacement surgery so I could continue my every day life, especially as we have three stories in our house so climbing stairs is an everyday part of my life.
 
I asked God for help in dealing with this pain, and if there was any way surgery could be avoided, as that option scared me. When I went to an orthopedic doctor, he suggested that we try injections into my knees every three months with a combination of medications which are designed to counteract the damage done to my knee joints by the arthritis.
 
These injections have helped so much. They have enabled my husband and me to continue to live in our current home and not have to move, which makes us happy. But, more importantly, enables me to live with very little pain in my daily life.
 
Sometimes we may forget the blessings of God in our lives and start taking them for granted. I think I did this with my knee problem.
 
But the other day, as I was climbing the stairs, I became aware of how easily I was able to do this, and it made me stop and review how God had provided for me in this situation. And how much better off I am because of His help and His mercy to me.
 
Comments by Joan Boney:
 
Barbara was a nurse and she know how important it is to avoid surgery when possible.
 
I hope each of you know that.
 
And think of Pam cancer story ... how important it was to avoid surgery as the doctor wanted to do removing her bladder and causing Pam endless grief on this earth.
 
Instead Pam prayed asking God for another way ... God called to her chemo therapy and radiation instead of chemo therapy and surgery!
 
Avoid surgery when possible ...
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers 
 
1 Corinthians 2
 
9 But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love HIM.
 
10 But God hath revealed them unto us by HIS Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner
 
Psalm 94
 
18  When I said, My foot slippeth; THY mercy, O Lord, held me up.
 
19  In the multitude of my thoughts within me THY comforts delight my soul.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Psalm 119:105 THY WORD is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯