Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ
At the end of 2024, God led me and my husband to move closer to where my adult children live. This meant a move of about 175 miles from one part of the state of Virginia to another.
After we moved I realized how difficult it was going to be for me to change doctors. It has always been hard for me to start going to a new doctor, especially when I have grown to like the doctor that I have been seeing for a long time and feel comfortable with.
So I kept putting off looking for a primary care doctor where I now live who could have done, among other things, my yearly Medicare exam, renewed my medicines when they expired, or given me a consult to see another doctor when needed. I insisted that we travel back to where we used to live when I needed to see a doctor. 175 miles there and 175 miles back. My husband didn't want me to go by myself so it was a long, inconvenient trip for both of us for something that could have been handled locally.
Then suddenly everything changed ... One day recently, God spoke the following to me ... My God shall supply all your need ... followed by the thought of how I have been handling my doctors visits since we moved at the end of 2024.
At that moment it was like a light was turned on in my head and I understood immediately that by handling this situation the way I had, that I had not been trusting in God to provide for all my needs.
The whole time I had been doing this, I wasn't aware that I was not trusting God to provide for me. I believe I was operating out of an irrational fear deep inside me.
After the above was revealed to me, I made an appointment with a primary care doctor where I live and was given an appointment for next month.
When God speaks to us, there is the power to sweep away anything and everything blocking us from obeying HIM.
After we moved I realized how difficult it was going to be for me to change doctors. It has always been hard for me to start going to a new doctor, especially when I have grown to like the doctor that I have been seeing for a long time and feel comfortable with.
So I kept putting off looking for a primary care doctor where I now live who could have done, among other things, my yearly Medicare exam, renewed my medicines when they expired, or given me a consult to see another doctor when needed. I insisted that we travel back to where we used to live when I needed to see a doctor. 175 miles there and 175 miles back. My husband didn't want me to go by myself so it was a long, inconvenient trip for both of us for something that could have been handled locally.
Then suddenly everything changed ... One day recently, God spoke the following to me ... My God shall supply all your need ... followed by the thought of how I have been handling my doctors visits since we moved at the end of 2024.
At that moment it was like a light was turned on in my head and I understood immediately that by handling this situation the way I had, that I had not been trusting in God to provide for all my needs.
The whole time I had been doing this, I wasn't aware that I was not trusting God to provide for me. I believe I was operating out of an irrational fear deep inside me.
After the above was revealed to me, I made an appointment with a primary care doctor where I live and was given an appointment for next month.
When God speaks to us, there is the power to sweep away anything and everything blocking us from obeying HIM.
No matter what the problem is, God has a way to reach us. And this is what HE did for me.
Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
π₯π₯π₯
Matthew 11:30 Jesus says ... MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light.
π₯π₯π₯
Comment from Cathy Varner, member of the body of Christ
Thanks for sharing, Barbara. It’s encouraging to see how God can change our way and enlighten us to what we don’t see.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯