Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Yesterday I was reviewing some of the ways over the years that God has helped me when I needed help.
I have written these on my iPad and find reviewing them and reliving them in my mind to be helpful in reinforcing to me how powerful and present God can be in the everyday lives of HIS children.
Yesterday I found myself smiling as I relived how God provided for me after my husband's stroke in the summer of 2023.
After he came home from the hospital and rehab center, he needed help with certain aspects of his physical care until he got back on his feet.
I was doing these things which I was happy to do. I was so grateful to learn that he had very little residual effects from the stroke, the main thing being a weakness in his left hand which has made it difficult for him to use, but he is right-handed so it isn't so bad.
He was weak when he first came home and needed help with a number of everyday activities. This worked out great and I was so happy to have him back home.
Then one day I was lying down and realized that I was so tired and weak feeling that I literally could not stand up. This was shocking to me because it happened very suddenly! I was so scared because I didn't know what we were going to do. How was he going to be taken care of if I couldn't do it?
As I was lying there I started crying out to God taking these fears to HIM. "Please somehow help us" was about all I knew to ask.
Then the most amazing thing happened. A few minutes after I cried out to God for help, I suddenly felt a flow of energy go through my body, from one end of my body to the other.
Something supernatural had happened to me! I was then able to get up and resume doing those things I needed to do, completely energized!
This is how God answered my plea for help on that day!!
π₯π₯π₯
(Comments from Sandra Chupik)
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯