Sandra Chupik, member of the body of Christ
Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with MINE eye.
Several weeks ago, I bought a new "bed in a box" mattress. I was thinking of buying it online with "white glove" delivery, but each time I prayed I was reminded of a local store who carried that brand. I bought a bed frame from them approximately 17 years ago and the sons of the owners delivered it and were very polite and helpful.
When I went to the local store to order the mattress and pillows the owner said that her two sons were still doing deliveries, so I asked her if they could also move the old frame and mattress to the guest bedroom and place the new frame and mattress in the master bedroom. She said they would do that. But when I asked if they could also attach a headboard that needed holes to be drilled, she asked if I had a drill. I said I had a drill and that I also had the original brackets that came with the old frame. (A few months ago I had prayed that God would help me find these old brackets and HE did!) She never said one way or the other, but I hoped they might do this. I did not have brackets for the other headboard so I planned to leave it unattached until a later date.
When they delivered the new frame and mattress it took them a long time to move the old things to the guest bedroom and to set up the new frame and mattress in the master bedroom. It was a very hot day and even though the house was cool, they were sweating by the time they finished. I asked about the headboard and showed the man who seemed to be in charge that I had the original brackets for the old frame, but he shook his head, said "No...that my brackets would not work." I smiled and thanked them (knowing there would be another way to go) and they left.
All I could think of was to put 2" x 5' boards between the frames and headboards to provide enough space to make changing the sheets easier. But when I prayed for wisdom, the Holy Spirit gave me the idea to double check the brackets sold on the "bed in a box" website. The website stated that the brackets they sold would only work with the headboards they sold. But when I did an online chat, I was told that their brackets would work on the frame I had bought which was their latest model. (The brackets did not work on their older models.)
I immediately called the owner and asked her to order the brackets and asked if they could install the headboards using these brackets. She said "I don't see why not." She called two days ago and said the brackets were in and they could be there in 30 minutes.
They came at 6 pm and worked until 7:30 pm. They did not show any resentment at having to come back. They removed the new mattress, installed the new brackets and headboard onto the new frame, being very careful to get them centered, then put the mattress back. Then they removed the old mattress, drilled holes in the headboard, installed the original brackets I had saved 17 years ago, and put the old mattress back. (They told me that the new brackets would not have worked on the old frame.) They even vacuumed the sawdust created by the drill. The owner had said there would be no charge, but I gave each of them a nice tip and thanked them.
I have been marveling over the fact that God led me so strongly. I don't believe the "white glove" delivery people would have done the extra things that were done by these very skilled local men. And I now have both headboards attached to their frames.
I did not get panicky or upset throughout this whole project. I simply followed God's instructions, focusing on what HE said, resting in HIM, confident that HE would show me the way to go.
Several weeks ago, I bought a new "bed in a box" mattress. I was thinking of buying it online with "white glove" delivery, but each time I prayed I was reminded of a local store who carried that brand. I bought a bed frame from them approximately 17 years ago and the sons of the owners delivered it and were very polite and helpful.
When I went to the local store to order the mattress and pillows the owner said that her two sons were still doing deliveries, so I asked her if they could also move the old frame and mattress to the guest bedroom and place the new frame and mattress in the master bedroom. She said they would do that. But when I asked if they could also attach a headboard that needed holes to be drilled, she asked if I had a drill. I said I had a drill and that I also had the original brackets that came with the old frame. (A few months ago I had prayed that God would help me find these old brackets and HE did!) She never said one way or the other, but I hoped they might do this. I did not have brackets for the other headboard so I planned to leave it unattached until a later date.
When they delivered the new frame and mattress it took them a long time to move the old things to the guest bedroom and to set up the new frame and mattress in the master bedroom. It was a very hot day and even though the house was cool, they were sweating by the time they finished. I asked about the headboard and showed the man who seemed to be in charge that I had the original brackets for the old frame, but he shook his head, said "No...that my brackets would not work." I smiled and thanked them (knowing there would be another way to go) and they left.
All I could think of was to put 2" x 5' boards between the frames and headboards to provide enough space to make changing the sheets easier. But when I prayed for wisdom, the Holy Spirit gave me the idea to double check the brackets sold on the "bed in a box" website. The website stated that the brackets they sold would only work with the headboards they sold. But when I did an online chat, I was told that their brackets would work on the frame I had bought which was their latest model. (The brackets did not work on their older models.)
I immediately called the owner and asked her to order the brackets and asked if they could install the headboards using these brackets. She said "I don't see why not." She called two days ago and said the brackets were in and they could be there in 30 minutes.
They came at 6 pm and worked until 7:30 pm. They did not show any resentment at having to come back. They removed the new mattress, installed the new brackets and headboard onto the new frame, being very careful to get them centered, then put the mattress back. Then they removed the old mattress, drilled holes in the headboard, installed the original brackets I had saved 17 years ago, and put the old mattress back. (They told me that the new brackets would not have worked on the old frame.) They even vacuumed the sawdust created by the drill. The owner had said there would be no charge, but I gave each of them a nice tip and thanked them.
I have been marveling over the fact that God led me so strongly. I don't believe the "white glove" delivery people would have done the extra things that were done by these very skilled local men. And I now have both headboards attached to their frames.
I did not get panicky or upset throughout this whole project. I simply followed God's instructions, focusing on what HE said, resting in HIM, confident that HE would show me the way to go.
π₯π₯π₯π₯π₯