Thursday, August 6, 2026

πŸ’₯ Praying in faith

 
Beth Martin, member of the body of Christ
 
I have been reminded of this story several times recently and believe that I am to share it with you. 
 
When my son, Jared was about 8-10 years old ....... he wanted a dog. I was very busy and stressed so I said, "I will not get you a dog but if you really want one .... pray and ask God to send one to the door" ........ meaning that I did not want to lift one finger to help. 
 
A couple of months passed. 
 
One day, he came to me very excited and stated, "Mom he's here. The dog I prayed for is here at the back door!"  
 
I thought .... no way! I followed him into the living room and looked outside. Sure enough there was a small black dog just sitting there with tail wagging, waiting to be let into the house. 
 
Jared said, "Mom, I did what you said over and over. God sent me a dog! Can I keep him?" 
 
We let the dog in ... he did not jump .... he did not bark .... he was house broken ... he had a healthy shiny coat. This dog was wonderful. He was very well cared for and did not have a collar. 
 
I thought that someone will really be looking for this dog. My husband and I searched for several weeks for the owner. We live in a very rural area where there is no neighborhood.   We never found an owner ...... because Jared was the owner.   He named the dog "Hobbs"
 
God answered the prayers of a young boy who diligently prayed in faith while his mother did not want to deal with one more thing. 
 
This wonderful dog became a cherished part of our family for many years. ... such a blessing. We all needed this dog!

For me...
Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
 
For Jared
Matthew 11:24 Jesus says ... Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Jared and Hobbs the following winter:
  
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Comments by Cathy Varner, member of the body of Christ:
 
That’s wonderful. It must have done wonders in establishing his faith in God. 
 
Great that you all ended up enjoying the dog.
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯