Wednesday, August 26, 2026

πŸ’₯ God provides a way of escape and of peace

 Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ

Earlier this summer God made a way of escape for me from loud music that was played at an outdoor venue about 2 miles from my house. I was greatly troubled by the music and that the city's mayor had granted this venue an exception from noise ordinances, allowing the music to be played quite loudly. The music being played often has a lot of bass, which is especially unpleasant to me.

I asked God to somehow help me not be troubled or to move me from this location.
 
A few evenings later I was enjoying being outside and was thanking God for how quiet and pleasant it was, when the following concept was given to me by the Holy Spirit ... “Focus on the many evenings that are like this rather than on the few evenings when there is a concert.”  (After hearing this from the Holy Spirit, I checked and there are only 16 performances per year!)
 
Since focusing on the many quiet evenings, I have not been troubled by the few evenings when the music is being played. Nothing has changed where the music is concerned, but the change in me has been amazing.
 
 Often in the evening I go for a walk.  Recently there was music playing while I was out walking.  I was aware that the bass in the music was especially loud that evening, but I wasn't troubled.  I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of what God has done for me in this, changing me so I can live in peace, and I was so thankful.
 
As I thought on what God has done in this, it reminded me of a shield, protecting me from being troubled and keeping me safely in a place of peace.   And I was reminded of ...
 
Psalm 28:7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in HIM, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise HIM.  
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯