Saturday, June 19, 2021

Chapter 3: New Book: Attending church. God teaches me while I was in elementary school.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

One morning, I was in bed but awoke to hear my mother and her youngest sister talking about my dad's first wife.  

(This is the first time I learned that my dad had been married to anyone before he married my mother.)

I heard my mother say that this woman, my dad's first wife, came to Clovis but my dad made no attempt to see her.

I was greatly affected.  I knew divorce was wrong.  No human had told me that, but I knew.

I was approximately 6-years-old.  From the time I was a child, I had a strong Bible sense of wrong doing in the sight of God.  I think God put this into my heart directly. 

Hebrews 8:10   For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to ME a people:

Malachi 2:16   For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that HE hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

I was very close to my dad but my reaction to learning this about him was I didn't want to see my dad any more.

I did not tell anyone that I had heard my mother say this.   I did see my dad and I acted as if nothing had happened.

But I never forgot this.

Mark 10  Jesus says:

6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

8 And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

 

To read Chapter 4, please click here:  Attending Church! - Chapter 4



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯