Wednesday, June 30, 2021

* Glorifying God.

 
Jesus said:

John 16:13-14 

13 Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.


***

Comments by Joan Boney:

Every time we hear a word from the Holy Spirit and share that Word or do that Word, we glorify God and Jesus.

Also we lay down our own lives and reputations each time we share the Word which we have heard from the Holy Spirit or do that Word which God has given to us.

Examples:

Genesis 12:1-4  Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

4 So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him;

***

Hebrews 11:7  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

***

We glorify God each time we hear a word from the Holy Spirit of God and do that Word and share what we have heard with others.

*  I was driving down the street and stopped at a signal light.  A pickup truck carrying a load of firewood stopped in the lane beside my car.  I glanced at the firewood and was thinking, "I wish I had a wood burning fireplace instead of gas logs."

Instantly I heard the following from the Holy Spirit:  "You can have that."

"That's right!" I exclaimed!  I could change my fireplace from gas to wood burning!

That same day I called the fireplace shop and set an appointment for them to come to my house and remove the gas logs and set the fireplace up to burn wood and I ordered the firewood to be delivered to my house.

A woman from the Bridge Center visited me at that time and saw what I had done and thought it was great.  I explained that it was God who showed me to do this and I told her how this had happened.  

Later I heard her telling some other women at the Bridge Center what "I" had done.  I told them it was not that I did this but that God told me by HIS Spirit that I could do this and so I did it.

No one seemed to want to hear that it was God who told me this.  But it was truth!  And it glorifies God and not myself when I tell this.

I Corinthians 2:12-13  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  Which things also we speak.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯