Saturday, June 5, 2021

If you have a problem and don't know what to do, ask God. His answer might surprise you!



James 1:5   If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.



* I am 83-years-old.  I began having trouble eating and I prayed asking God for wisdom.

At first, I didn't hear anything from the Holy Spirit as I often do.  But in a few days, I began thinking of an outdoor grill and a desire came into my mind for such.  At first, I didn't pursue this at all.  Then that desire came back and I discussed it with Pam Padgett.  (I have a room in her house.) 

We began looking at outdoor grills and purchased a wood burning type grill.

Last night Pam mentioned how I was now eating all my food.  

I remembered the problem I had been having and also remembered how I had asked God for help and after prayer began thinking of a wood grill.

I know there are many times God just puts something into my heart and leads me.

Psalm 37:4-5  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and HE shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in HIM; and HE shall bring it to pass.

I've always thought this means God will put HIS desires into our hearts to lead us.  We think it is our desire but really it is HIS desire for us, when we are praying, asking HIM what we should do.

When I realize I have heard a word from God, I know what to do in the situation.

***

* Another report:  A few days ago, I felt TV news was causing some bad fruits to come forth in me.  I began praying about this.  And I heard, "If your right hand offends thee, cut if off."   I stopped watching these TV evening news programs.  

Immediately I found I was at more peace.  I don't like seeing things people of this world are doing and I don't like hearing their "wisdom".  

Somehow the TV evening news was causing me to react, but I find I can look at the headlines that are written of the day's world news on Internet and rarely react. (I don't often pull up the details of the story.)  So if I want to check events, I am now going to these. 

Also seeing the TV evening news had become a way of daily life for me whereas I only view the Internet written headlines once in awhile.

If something troubles us we need to deal with it through asking God for HIS help to know what is best for us to do.

We only trouble ourselves needlessly when we see what they do.

Peter told us to "diligently" work toward being found by Jesus when HE returns in peace, without spot, and blameless.  (2 Peter 3:14)


***

*  One day, I was bombarded with thoughts:  "What if this happens to you?  What if that happens."

I cried out to God, "Help me!"

Immediately the Holy Spirit reminded me of this scripture:  "God will supply all your need."

John 14:26   Jesus said:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

"That's right!" I responded.  

God will supply all my need when there is a need!   Philippians 4:19

It was like a great weight lifted off my shoulder when I had God's word on the matter brought to my attention by the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth in all things and is also The Comforter to us.


*****