Tuesday, June 15, 2021

* We must never turn loose of hope in God and scripture.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

In 2018, I fell at my house in Lubbock, Texas.  They took me to an hospital where they operated on my left hip and left wrist.

When I regained consciousness in my hospital room after surgery, a woman from our church group was standing at the foot of my hospital bed looking down at me.  She didn't say a word.  Then all of a sudden she turned with her back to me and walked through the wall and disappeared.

I thought I was having an hallucination from the drugs given me during surgery.

A few days after surgery, they transferred me to a rehabilitation hospital.

This same woman came to visit me and she sat down beside my hospital bed and began to talk.

She said,  "I don't care about anyone or anything anymore.  I don't read Bible.  I don't read blog."

I said, "But if you go that way, what is to become of you?"

She responded, "I don't want to talk with you about this."

With that, she got up and went into the bathroom that was in my room.  A nurse came in to do something to me and I called to this woman and said, "Don't leave until the nurse finishes with me."  But I saw this woman "sneak" out of the bathroom and leave my room and disappear.

I never saw her again.

She had been in our church group for 39 years.

After she left, I realized that "hallucination" I had of her after my surgery, was not a drug hallucination but it was an open vision given to me by God to show me what this woman was about to do.

***

I've had several times during the past few years that devils have tried to get me to give up things of God.

When that happens we must hold fast to our faith and refuse to turn away.

I Tim. 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Devils come to us in a way to make us think it is our idea when really it is the devil's idea for he is trying to turn us from God and destroy us.

I Tim. 6:12   Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Devils bring lies to our minds.

Jesus said the following to the Jews who did not believe on HIM:

John 8:43-44   Why do ye not understand MY speech? even because ye cannot hear MY word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do.  He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jude v3    Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

In the end times, many will be swept away from the faith in God.

Matthew 24:12-13   Jesus says:  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I don't believe this woman,who I described as turning away, was ever born again.  She is one of those who was taken to church from the time she was a baby.  But I never heard her tell of any personal experience with God.  It seemed to be her own will power that put her in the church.   This is the way so many church goers are today.  They put themselves into the churches, having not the Spirit.

Jude vv. 17-19   But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;   How that they told you there should be mockers (copiers) in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

They try to learn everything by their own minds.  They try to copy those people who seem to be of God.

They are not born again, changed by God, by HIS Spirit.

Unless we have the Spirit of God in us, we cannot follow God.

I Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

But even when we do have the Spirit of God in us, the devil will try to get us to turn loose from that which we have heard from God and go another way.

2 Tim. 4:7  Paul said of himself:  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

This is what we must do also.

I Tim. 1:19    Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

It is not faith in your church or your minister or another person that we hold onto.  We must hold onto faith in God, in that which God has said to us.

Hebrews 10:32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;

I Cor. 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

When she was 97 years old my cousin, Church of Christ, tried to convince me that I had not heard from God and she tried to turn me from the calling of God which I had followed since I was born again in 1975. 

If I listened to her I would have to turn from faith in God.  I did not do that.

Paul said he held onto the "heavenly vision"Acts 26:18

Romans 1:17  For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Philemon v. 6  That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Revelation 12:12  Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Be aware:  The devil will destroy those who will let him do so.

Devils can come through humans or devils can bring thoughts directly to our minds.

Jonah 2:8   They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.


***

Phil. 4:6-7   Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus (the Word).


*****