Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Podcast: Psalm 23

 

 
 
1 (When) The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

* A few days ago, I found something to be difficult.  When I laid the issue out before God and told HIM how I felt and ask HIM what I was supposed to do about "this", HE gave me an idea.  When I did what HE showed me it worked!  When I pour out the issue before God, HE helps me and then there is no want.

*  It is my assignment from God to edify the church on blogs and on Podcasts and in books. I had just finished a long project in the Book of Proverbs.  I didn't have anything else to say.  When I took the matter to God, HE showed me what to do next.  And I found there was plenty of green pastures for the sheep to strengthen themselves.  And God showed me exactly what to write and which exhortations to present.  

* If I find empty time in my day and don't seem to have purpose ahead of me, when I talk to God about the "lack" HE brings ideas to fill my time and to satisfy me, leading me in the way to go.

When I turn to God with the issue and make the Lord my shepherd, there is no want.

The problems come when I'm not exhorting the church, not engaged in doing my assignment.  Then I begin to get bored and wander from channel to channel on TV finding no thing that is of real interest.  (Trying to put myself in some pasture and finding little to nothing of interest.) When I begin talking to God, making HIM my shepherd, HE leads me to green pastures which are satisfying to me.

If I turn on the TV, I often see turbulent waters.  When I turn to God, we come upon waters that are still, calm, peaceful.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: 

When I turn to God after having been with other people or having been disturbed by reports of happenings going on in this world, I pray what David prayed ...

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I know God can do that for me.  I wouldn't know what to do to restore my soul.  But each time I turn to God for HIM to cleanse my heart and restore my soul, HE knows exactly what I need and HE always helps me ... cleaning the spots from the sayings of the world off my garment, and setting me at peace again when I turn to HIM.


HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and thy staff they comfort me.

God uses HIS word to keep me on HIS road so I will not fall off into the ditch.  The key for me is always HIS words.  When I focus on HIS Word which HE gives me, I am stilled, calm, at peace, and restored to truth.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯