Sunday, April 2, 2023

πŸ’₯ Seeking a job you really love!


Concerning money and acquiring things:

I Timothy 6

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Some people seek jobs that pay more, desiring money.  Often they hate the work.

This can greatly damage you.

πŸ’₯  Instead, pray for God to help you find a type of work that you enjoy and pray for God to put you into the right place for you!

Pray for God's help.  

Philippians 4:6-7  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

My first job, was at Franklin's Dress Store.   I hated that job immediately.  I began to look for another type of job.  I was approximately 15-years-old.

My second job was popcorn girl at State Theater.  I didn't hate that job as much, but I knew this was only very temporary for me.

My parents raised me to know I would go to college.  My mother wanted me to be a teacher.  She did not get to fulfill her desire for herself which was to be a teacher.  She felt that was the ideal thing for a woman to do.  My dad was a very good mechanic and he didn't care what type of work I did as long as I enjoyed the work.

My main interests were music and drama.  And I enjoyed history.

I went to college at the age of 16 and was trying to decide between being a speech major or a music major.

In order to graduate quickly, I majored in elementary education.  I took a job teaching 5th grade in Abilene, Texas.  I hated doing this! 

I went to the local college to take some tests to see what I should be doing.  The college was a Church of Christ school.

When I went to see the test results, the man who had given me the tests began laughing when I came into the room  He said, "If only you were a man we would put you into preacher school so fast it would make your head spin.  Your scores went through the roof in being a preacher."  (I was horrified.  At that time I wasn't even born again.)  Then he said, "But since you are a woman, you should be a lawyer."  (I'd never thought of such a thing as this.  In the 50's, the women who worked were usually teachers or secretaries.)

Then he said:  "The one thing you should never do is teach elementary school."  (I had no doubt this was right because I really hated my year "teaching" fifth grade.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I played clarinet in band and orchestra in college but women in the 50's were not usually permitted to be band directors because of marching season.  

(That makes no sense at all since women were in marching bands.)

I had taken strings class and liked that so I applied to be an elementary school string teacher in Odessa, Texas.  I got the job and began taking violin lessons to stay one step ahead of my students.  I certainly liked this better than 5th grade!  I did this for 3 years.

Then I took a job as an Orchestra Director in a junior-senior high school Dallas, Texas, and stayed there 3 years.  At one point, they fired the junior high band director and asked me to take his place which I did for one semester.

The principal insisted that all teachers do hall duty.  This included standing over students in the auditorium.  I had the false idea that the auditorium was a "sacred place" and I could not do this.  The principal fired me after the 3rd year. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I decided I would have to get a higher degree to get a job that I really liked so I went to college another year and got a masters.  

But that degree did not put me any better off than a bachelor's degree.  So I decided I needed a doctorate. 

I went to college two more years and earned a doctorate and was hired to teach in college at SMU in Dallas.  (I was very unqualified for that job but I liked it.)  

SMU had a financial problem and I lost my job after 3 years.  I took a temporary job teaching orchestra in 3 junior high schools in Albuquerque, NM, USA.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  

While working in Albuquerque, I met a man who was just beginning work in the area of selling Indian jewelry.  He and his wife took me with them to the Indian reservations to buy merchandise.  I knew nothing about Indians nor jewelry, but it turned out I had a natural eye for judging turquoise stones.  

I began wholesaling Indian jewelry in Santa Fe and Los Alamos, New Mexico, on week ends when I was not teaching junior-high orchestra.  (It turned out this was going to be a stepping stone to financially support me during the years God was teaching me the Bible after I was born again.)

SMU hired me again and I moved back to Texas where I taught one year in the Education department at SMU but I did not like doing that so I quit and began selling Indian jewelry at a flea market.  

Then I opened a shop in Dallas.  I was much better suited as owner of a business than I was teaching.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In August, 1975, I was born again by a word from God.  Then I was taken into heaven twice in the night and set on fire for things of God.  After that, all I cared about was Bible.  God taught me scriptures and led me through the Old and New Testaments.  God trained me as an apostle and prophet, two callings.  I kept the business open for 5 more years while I studied Bible at home and attended churches and a prayer group.  

On July 31, 1979, I closed my business, being convinced that is what God wanted me to do to go into the ministry full time.  I had no ministry work plans and did not even try to get work in a church.  I stayed home for the next 6 month, living off the money I had made in the business.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  I was awakened by a very loud trumpet like voice speaking this into my ear:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"  

I jumped out of bed and wrote KWJS on a note pad.  I felt these were likely call letters to either radio or television. (It turned out to be radio.) 

I said to God, "Are YOU telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Immediately the Holy Spirit gave me these instructions by putting this into my mind:  "Call the radio station manager."

I called the KWJS station manager that same day.

I said, "God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?"

He replied, "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasting we will offer you a contract."

I made a tape that same morning and put it into the mail.  Within 5 days I was speaking exhortations to the church on radio KWJS at 12 noon on Monday through Fridays.

I loved it!

Within a year, God enabled me to add stations from coast to coast from  Hartford (NYC) to Seattle ... 

Remember the dream when the angel of the Lord spoke to me saying:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

When God is in charge of us, HE gets us where HE wants us!

45 years later I do daily exhortations for the church on Internet blog and Podcasts, and write ministry books on Amazon.

This is work I can still do at the age of 85, and I love doing this!

Seek God!  Look for work that you love!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯