Thursday, March 25, 2021

* We are light in this dark world.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

I find the following to be an uplifting and exciting instruction.

The apostle Paul said:

Philippians 2

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of HIS good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life;

***

We go among people and when the Holy Spirit reminds us of something we speak that word.

We do not try to speak.  But rather we speak as we are led by God to speak.

Last week, I went to have my hair cut.  The woman who was cutting my hair asked me if I had any trips planned.  I told her I don't travel anymore.  

She said she had a trip planned in April.  

I asked her where she was going.

She said she was going to Tulsa, Oklahoma.  

(That seemed a little strange to me to be excited over going from Colorado Springs to Tulsa.)

Then she asked me if I knew some woman Bible teacher.  I told her I didn't.  She said she took a complete course from this woman.  And she was going to Tulsa to take another course.

I felt grief.  And I was strongly moved by the Holy Spirit.  And I said, "That is what I do, exhort the church."

She asked me if I was affiliated with any church in Colorado Springs and I answered, "No."

She asked if I make Podcasts.  I replied, "Yes."

She said she must get the name of the place she can get the Podcast.  

So I asked Pam to write out the Podcast Internet name and give it to this woman.

It turned out that the credit card machine was broken as we tried to pay.  So we went home to get cash and brought it back to this woman.  While we were at the house, I asked Pam to take one of our ministry books to give to the woman.

After that I was even more grieved.  

I turned to God and HE gave me the following scripture and then all the grief vanished.

II Corinthians 11:5   For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

(I added this scripture to the list of scriptures which I meditate on during the day.)

*****