Wednesday, March 3, 2021

* Churches often teach things opposite from Bible.


The first church group that I attended after I was born again taught that tongues are of the devil.

One day I was reading in I Corinthians 14:39 and saw the following.  Paul said, Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I left that church group immediately and never went back to it.

Years later, in trying to find a church to attend, pastor was teaching and said Sarah and Hagar were 1/2 sisters.  I couldn't find that in Bible so I called and asked him.  First, pastor said he couldn't remember where it was in the Bible.  I told him it was very important for me to know and asked him to look it up.  He was silent for a few seconds, and then became very angry and shouted out, "Alright ... it's not in the Bible."

This pastor knew all the time what he said was not in the Bible.  He just hoped to get away from that subject.  He was a deceiver, a liar, and a false teacher.

II Peter 2

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.




*****