Tuesday, March 16, 2021

* Concerning God to the elect of God.


God says:  I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  (Heb. 13:5)

***

Comments by Joan Boney:

God gave an assignment to Joshua.

As with Joshua, God gives assignments to each of the elect of God.

And as with Joshua, this applies to all that God has assigned to each of us.

God says:  There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.  (Joshua 1)

God is faithful to us to perform HIS Word to us and we purpose to be faithful to God to do our assignments.

Romans 8:31  If God be for us, who can be against us?


***

I Peter 1:1-3  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to HIS abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,  To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Our faith must be in that which God has said to us and we work to endure to the end, keeping our focus on what God has said.

God is a spirit and HE speaks to us by HIS Spirit.

We believe that which God has said to us and we reflect along the way on those things God has said to us, keeping HIS Word to us before us.

Peter said:  I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:  (II Peter 3:1)

I encourage us to sit and think on those things we believe God showed us along the way for by these we do the works of God as assigned to us.

God reasoned with me and persuaded me as to my assignment.  Many humans have said to me I cannot do these things.  But I just looked at the assignment and went forward doing that which I believed God called me to do.  

And at every step, God opened doors for me to do that which HE assigned to me:  radio, blog, books, Podcasts, Twitter

We may grow weary, but we encourage ourselves by recalling how God spoke to us to lead us to do HIS will on this earth.

We do not look for excuses to fail as many on this earth do.  

We just hear what God says and do "that"as we go forward. 

Hebrews 10:23-24   Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for HE is faithful that promised;)  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:


*****