Friday, March 26, 2021

* Holding forth the word of life.


Comments by Joan Boney:

When the Holy Spirit rises up in me, I try to speak that word which HE brings to my mind.

In March 2021, one of our neighbors came to visit and she wanted to say hello to me so she came in my bedroom.  I was wearing a pair of tennis wrist bands which I sometime use to give my wrists support when I am doing a lot of typing.

I said, "Do you know what these are?"  (Kidding her because she teaches tennis.)

She said:  "Does this mean you support Gay's and lesbians?"

I was very shocked ... and all I said was:  "No ... I don't think so."

We went on to speak of other things.

After she left, I began checking to see why she might have thought I was showing support for homosexuals and lesbians by wearing tennis wrist bands.  On Internet they showed a rally march of homosexuals and some in the parade were carrying small flags with pastel colored stripes, which I assumed was their flag.

My tennis wrist bands are bright bands of several colors.

Two days later, I sent a letter by US mail, to this neighbor telling her what God says in the Bible concerning homosexual's and lesbians:

Genesis 13:13  But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

Genesis 19   And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he (Lot) pressed upon them (the angels)  greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:  (homosexuals came from every part of the city of Sodom)

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.  (have sex with them)

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,  And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

(The two angels were sent by God to Sodom to destroy Sodom because of the wickedness of these men of Sodom.)

***

Romans 1  Because that, when they knew God, they glorified HIM not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

***

And in the letter to our neighbor I said, "No ...  I do not support homosexuals or lesbians because in the Bible God shows HE does not support homosexuals or lesbians."

After that, we have not seen nor heard from this neighbor again.

If the unbeliever depart, let him depart.  (I Cor. 7)

But hold forth the word of life when the door opens for the subject.  For we are as lights in a crooked and perverse nation.

Philippians 2:15-16 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;  Holding forth the word of life;

Romans 1:15-16   Paul says:  So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

***

Hold forth the Word of life as is brought to your mind by the Holy Spirit ... and if the unbeliever depart, let him depart.

Otherwise they will be pricks in your eyes and thorns in your sides.  

(And they will grieve us every time we are around them.)

Numbers 33

Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan;

52 Then ye shall drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite pluck down all their high places:

53And ye shall dispossess the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein: for I have given you the land to possess it.

54 And ye shall divide the land by lot for an inheritance among your families: and to the more ye shall give the more inheritance, and to the fewer ye shall give the less inheritance: every man's inheritance shall be in the place where his lot falleth; according to the tribes of your fathers ye shall inherit.

55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.

(I believe the above scripture applies to us in NT church in that we speak the truth of God on the matter at hand when the door opens for us to speak.)

All we have to do to drive them out from us is to speak that which is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit when we are around them.  

I usually don't say, "Go from me."  

They automatically go from me and leave me alone when I speak godly things by the Spirit of God.

But sometimes they see their sins when I speak the word given me by the Holy Spirit, and when that happens and they agree with the Word, they are born again.


*****