Thursday, March 18, 2021

* Waves of doubt comes to try to steal our faith in God.

Comments by Pam Padgett:

Joan's description of "waves of doubt" reminded me of something that happened to me a few weeks ago.

As I was going about my day as usual, all of a sudden thoughts came. I don't remember the exact thoughts, but they were obviously brought to cause me to doubt what I believe ... and if I believe anything!

Right away the Holy Spirit reminded of what we're told in Heb. 11:6 ... But without faith it is impossible to please HIM: for he that cometh to God must believe that HE is, and that HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM.

I was immediately calmed and OK as I realized that I do believe these things and diligently seek God's will and help in my life. This scripture was something strong I could grab and hold onto.

This was all over very quickly, less than a minute I think, and I hadn't thought about this attack since then. But I added Heb. 11:6, which is truth, to the list of scriptures I keep to think on.

Although I didn't recall this attack when I read Joan's first email about finding it more difficult to hold onto faith now than 40 years ago, when I read in Joan's second email the word "waves of doubt", I thought of what happened to me and that it was like suddenly getting swept off a boat by a wave, and the scripture brought to me by the Holy Spirit was like a life preserver, and as I clung to that I was safe.

*****