Saturday, March 6, 2021

* Stir up the gift from God that is in you.

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

God gives us spiritual gifts.

I Corinthians 12

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.


Romans 12

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.


I Peter 4

10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.


I Corinthians 12

28 And God hath set some in the church (to care for the church), first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


Paul says:  Stir up the gift of God that is in you.  II Timothy 1:6 

I stir up the gifts in me by doing the following things:  thinking on past use of those gifts, thinking on how God showed me to work, speaking of those gifts, doing those things suitable to the gifts given to me.

I am aware of the following gifts from God:  apostle, prophet, word of wisdom, word of knowledge, exhortation

And Paul said:

II Timothy 1

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to HIS own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know WHOM  I have believed, and am persuaded that HE is able to keep that which I have committed unto HIM against that day.

When we exercise the gift God has given us we often suffer persecution because of that gift.  But we bear that persecution knowing the gift is from God and we go forward doing that gift regardless of the consequences toward us.

 
*****