Wednesday, July 22, 2026

πŸ’₯ Answers to prayer

Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ

Monday morning of this week while cleaning my eye glasses, the frame broke.  I don't have a backup pair of glasses with the current prescription. Although I found a copy of the written prescription, it had expired 4 days ago!  So I would need to get an eye exam, new prescription, and then order glasses. I have been going to a doctor about 30 minutes away, and it usually takes at least a few weeks to get an appointment with this doctor.

I found a pair of older eye glasses which allowed me to see fairly well but not quite as clearly as needed, and I soon began getting a severe headache.

It didn't seem I'd be able to wait weeks to get an exam and new glasses, and I began crying out to God asking what I should do.

I was reminded of an eye doctor very near my home with a complete optical department. I had forgotten about this eye doctor although I had gone there a couple times about 5 years ago. Things the doctor and people in the optical department said troubled me so I stopped going there.

But on Monday as I prayed, this nearby eye doctor's office kept being drawn to my attention, so I went there hoping they might have some frames that would fit my lenses.

At the door was a sign saying the office was under new ownership. The new doctor happened to be walking through the reception area when I got there and was very friendly as was everyone else I saw, much different than before.

Also, as I was driving to that office, the idea was given me to see if there was any way to fix my broken glasses.  Although it didn't seem to me this could be done, I asked about it, and they went right to work on my glasses. Surprisingly, they were able to fix the frame. I can see just fine again! 
(I also made an appointment to get an exam for a new prescription so I can get a pair of backup glasses.)

Within an hour, what had been a serious problem to me was completely resolved, and in an very unexpected way.

I am so grateful for being led by God to such a quick solution and wanted to share this. 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 
 
Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Comments from Cathy Varner, member of the body of Christ
 
That’s great Pam! I rejoice with you.

It reminds me of a time my frames were coming apart and needed some little part. I think I went to the place where I’d bought them. I remembered that in the past when I’d gone there for a repair they had a hard time and it took very long.

I was praying they’d be able to fix them and that it wouldn’t take too long.


The woman who was helping me said she might be able to fix them if they happened to have the right part. She started looking through a bin, and very quickly found a part.  She was so amazed and said that this part just “fell out” to her and was a perfect fit.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

Jeremiah 32:17 Ah Lord God! behold, THOU hast made the heaven and the earth by THY great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for THEE:
  
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Comments from Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ
 
I never stop being amazed at how God provides everything we will need no matter what we are dealing with. Always providing HIS best for us and watching over us so closely.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯