Monday, April 22, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

Mark 16:20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

I was baptized when I was 15 but was not born again.  I was not led by the Spirit of God.  I just went forth at a church and was baptized because I did not want to go to hell.  There was no change in my life.  I just kept pursuing my own ambitions.

When I was 37 God spoke to me and said:  "Joan ... you know all those mistakes you've been making all these years?  Those weren't mistakes.  Those were sins."  

Sins?  I was shocked.  I thought they were mistakes.

With that I was born again, changed instantly.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Sometime after that, I was on a plane going to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to buy merchandise for my small business in American Indian Arts.

As the plane touched down on the runway in Albuquerque, I heard these words from God by HIS Holy Spirit, "Be baptized."

My Church of Christ cousin was meeting me at the airport to take me to buy jewelry.  I said to her, "Jeanne ... if you can arrange it at the church this afternoon, I will be baptized."

She said, "But you've already been baptized."

I replied, "But I wasn't born again then.  Now I am born again and as the plane landed I heard from God, 'Be Baptized', so if you can arrange it I will be baptized this afternoon before I go back to Dallas."

(When I hear a word from the Holy Spirit, God has taught me to do that word as soon as possible, so I did.)

Jeanne did arrange for me to be baptized that afternoon.

When we got to the church building, I was surprised to find about 15 of my relatives there to see me be baptized.

I was even more surprised when the minister said to me, "Is there any thing you'd like to say before you are baptized?"  (They never let woman speak at the Church of Christ so this took me by surprise, but I replied, "I guess so.")

I began talking as the Holy Spirit brought things to my mind.  I'm sure I told how I wasn't born again the first time I was baptized but was recently born again by God speaking to me and now I have heard "Be baptized," so I am doing that now.

(I noticed one of my cousins shaking her head up and down as I spoke.  I also noticed my uncle began crying as I spoke.)

When the minister lowered me into the water, I heard the Holy Spirit bring these words to my mind.  "This is like being buried with Christ."

As I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being raised with Christ."

After I went back into the auditorium, my uncle who had been crying came to me and said:  "Joan ... I've never before heard anything like you spoke today.  When you get home could you write that out for me and send it to me?"

I replied, "I guess so."   (and I did)

Years later, God opened my eyes to see that my uncle was born again as I spoke to my relatives that day!

And God showed me that when we do what the Holy Spirit tells us to do "signs follow".

Mark 16:20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik
 
1 Corinthians 13: 4 
 
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself (to speak vainglorious of one's achievements; to boast), is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8 Charity never faileth:

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ 

 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Psalms 119:165  Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
 
At the beginning of this month, I was with family in my home. It took me a week to work through their words with God. I thought, if Jesus returned now, would I be at peace and blameless?  I began to pray about what was needed. I brought each thought spoken by them and each time was given a word of encouragement or correction.
 
One particularly disturbing comment was set straight by scripture:
 
Jonah 2:8  They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy.
 
I have been praying for God to help me with this as well as reading about love in the Bible.
 
In the past week I have been with family members for various activities. I found that I was not offended by their words as I was at the beginning of the month. I was able to maintain peace throughout the visits. 
 
I am so grateful that words have not offended me lately. I have been able to hold onto peace. Today it felt like the words bounced off of me like rain off of plastic. Wonderful!

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Luke 6:47  Jesus says ...  Whosoever cometh to Me, and heareth My sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
 
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
 
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Earlier this week my husband’s dentist told him that he is going to need some dental surgery done. The dentist gave him two options which could be done to resolve the problem and told him that he could decide which procedure he wanted done. 
 
I asked Edward after the appointment if he had decided on this. He had not and I could tell he was having a difficult time trying to make this decision. 
 
I told him he should pray about this because God could show him which one he should choose. 
 
He didn’t say anything after I said this. And neither did I. 
 
I think it was the next day that I asked him if he had made a decision and he, without any hesitation or doubt, told me the procedure he had decided on. 
 
I asked him if he had prayed about it and he said he had. 
 
Years ago I had some dreams showing that he was going to be born again, at some point in time.
 
Obviously, I am very happy to see what happened here.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers

Isaiah 40

7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.

8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.


  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
 Isaiah 65:17

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

James 1:12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯