Sunday, April 21, 2024

Podcast: # 2 Life changing concepts shown to me by God through the Holy Spirit and the scriptures

 

 
 
(Comments by Joan Boney)

I was born again on August 5, 1975.

Shortly after that, I was asleep in the night when God transported me into heaven, similar to the example given in 2 Corinthians 12.

I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.  I saw no images.  It was a spiritual experience.  At that time I was "merged into the body of Jesus", made one with the word of God, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.

A few nights later, the exact same thing happened to me again.

I thought this happened to all who were born again.  When I found that was not the case, I didn't know why this had happened to me.

Later I was reading a book entitled Exodus, and the author said sometime when God has a special calling for someone HE will often cause a "special" thing to happen like Moses and the burning bush.

For the next 5 years God prepared me for the ministry I was to do on this earth, apostle and prophet.

God showed me apostles have an anointing to deal with scripture and they will try to cause churches to abide by the NT scriptures.

Prophets deliver messages, especially corrections, to the church people and the ministers.  Prophets are often also shown things to come.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In preparing me during those years, God gave me several instructions for me to follow personally.  One of the first things God showed me was for me to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  

God used this scripture with this instruction:  Romans 13:8  Owe no man anything.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯   After I was born again in 1975, God said to me, "Get out of debt and stay out of debt." 

At the time I heard this word from God, I owned a small business, American Indian Arts, in Dallas, Texas.  I set about immediately to pay off all my debt.  I owed $6,000 to a woman who had loaned me money to purchase merchandise for my business. She did not require interest on her loan.  She asked me to allow her to buy merchandise from my shop at my cost which I was pleased to do.

I was not born again at the time I borrowed this money.

After I was born again, I saw this verse of scripture and set about to do this scripture:

2 Corinthians 6:14 

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

So far as I knew, the woman who loaned me money was an unbeliever.  I wanted to pay her what I owed her as soon as possible and that would set me totally out of debt.

First when we hear a word from God and believe God spoke that Word to us, we purpose in our hearts to do that word.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I prayed immediately asking God to help me to get out of debt and I asked God to give me wisdom to get out of debt based on the following promise of God from the New Testament Bible.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God had taught me to pray for wisdom concerning the items I purchased for the shop and to be led by the Holy Spirit concerning each item I purchased.

I went on a buying trip to New Mexico, USA.  In Santa Fe, I visited a friend who owned a shop where he dealt with American Indian arts.

I sold mostly jewelry at that time and some pottery.

He had an old Navajo rug displayed in his shop.  I found I just couldn't walk away from that rug.  It was priced at $500.  Finally I bought it.  (God had been teaching me to purchase items that interested me and that I could pay for in cash.)

I took the rug to Albuquerque to a woman who specialized in appraising Navajo rugs.  She said, "Most of the old rugs are worthless.  But you lucked out.  This is a fine example of a Navajo rug and it will go up in price.  It is worth $1500 now but you should price this rug where it will not sell, for this is a rug that will go up greatly in price in the future."

The first day I returned to Dallas with the merchandise, a man called me wanted to see jewelry.  I had that rug rolled up and lying next to the wall.  He said, "What's that?"  I replied,  "It's an old Navajo rug which I brought back with me yesterday from my buying trip."  He said, "Let me see it." I said, "Oh ... I don't think you would want that."  He said, "Well let me see it."  

I rolled the rug out on the floor.

He walked around it looking carefully at the rug.  

Then he said, "How much."

I replied:  "$5,000".

He said:  "I'll take it."  and he began writing out a check!

I was horrified.  I was an honest merchant.  I did not overcharge my customers.  I began trying to talk him out of buying that rug since I knew it was overpriced. But he was determined to purchase that rug.

So I said to him, "Here is what I will do.  You take the rug and I will hold your check for one week without cashing it.  If you decide for any reason you to do want the rug, bring it back and I will give you your check back."

I never saw that man again.  So I deposited his check in my bank and put $1,000 with it and paid the woman the $6,000 that I owed to her.

I was never in debt again.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Later I read these scriptures.

Deuteronomy 28

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and HE shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto Himself, as HE hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in HIS ways.

10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

12 The LORD shall open unto thee HIS good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯