Thursday, April 25, 2024

πŸ’₯ Letter to a woman in our church group.


(From Joan Boney)

I've evaluated my life and have made changes for me.


Just wanted to let you know.  As of yesterday, I decided I don't want to find out what the people of this world are doing.  For me, I just want to find out what God says.

I stopped watching the news as of yesterday.  

I'm certainly not telling you to do that.  But I decided to do that.  

They are so crazy and what value is it to me to hear what they are doing or saying? So I decided not to do this.

It felt strange.  Because we usually watch NBC and CBS news in evening while we eat.  I didn't do that yesterday.  So what do I do???

I found a documentary on either Netflix or Prime concerning the History of ship building.  3 parts starting with the building of the Titanic.  (I have such an interest still in the Titanic.)  I found this interesting and Pam watched some then went to do her thing, whatever that was.  Often we watch part of something together as we eat our dinner.  It is just a pastime and doesn't matter if we both watch together or not.

Then I bought a book by Walter Lord, "A night to remember."  I've seen it before several times as a movie.  And I think I may have read it also.  (e-book)  It only cost $2.99 on Kindle so I bought it and read the forward this morning and found it so interesting.  Pastime

I feel much better myself not watching the news.  It is mostly "News of the World(not much interesting to me anyway:  just boring or makes me angry or sad.  Occasionally the news will show an animal doing something and that usually makes me happy.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I read the Book of Jonah recently and enjoyed it so much.

At end of the 4th chapter, God said to Jonah, who was angry because God didn't destroy Nineveh after he gave his message ... (instead they repented)

Jonah 4:  Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:

11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Trump trial:  fornication, adultery, not even considered to be worthy of judging by this world  of USA... but God will judge it and it will be right. 

Stealing of campaign funds to pay prostitutes seems to be their subject.

I really don't want to trouble myself with Trump or what they are doing.  Nothing matters.  God will sort it out correctly.  

"Why trouble myself,"  I decided.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It is sort of like when you take off a very heavy garment ... a weight ... and it feels a little strange when it is no longer a part of what I'm wearing.  Feels like a big weight gone. Much lighter.

I don't know how long I won't watch ... but it feels so peaceful to me.  Sort of like the season when God told me not to watch things of this world, and how I found it didn't matter at all in my life who was elected president of the United States.  

I like "that" better!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

There are plenty of things on streaming ... some I find interesting ... some I can't stand ...
but those things I know don't matter one way or another.  

It is sort of like we get to thinking the super bowl matters, especially if it is "our team", and we get drunk and giddy when our team wins ... and when our team isn't playing we may watch but it really doesn't interest us much because this is truth:  "It doesn't matter."

(Sports is very delusional)  I'm not saying I won't watch, but really I'm usually bored unless it is my team ... and then I'm mostly angry and disgusted with them and the ownership because of the way they played and what they did and didn't do.)  Very silly for me to get swept up in this.  I might do it again, but I do know how foolish it is for me.  Flesh profits nothing.

So today:  I reread the last 4 blogs which we published.  I was shocked to see how good they were.  All God!  Showing me God's way.  Giving me another chance to eliminate my way .  Peace.  I felt naked! Covering myself before in all that garbage the world thinks is important.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

That Titanic book:  Fourteen years before the Titanic, an unknown author wrote a book about a giant ship that was built named, "Futility".  On it's first voyage it hit an iceberg and sank.  He wrote this in 1897 as I recall ...Titanic was launched April 10, 1912. 

CNN is doing a 2 hour special on the Titanic this coming Sunday.  I love seeing old films of the actual people boarding the ship, as they no doubt feel so "lucky" to be a part of all this excitement!

Just bringing you up to date.

Joan

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯