Monday, April 22, 2024

πŸ’₯ Re-reading the old prophets because God told them things HE would do in future and some of them are happening now.


Comments by Joan Boney:

I have been strongly led by the Spirit of God to reread those things the old prophets wrote in the Bible, for some of those things would happen in our lifetime.

This might be one of those things:

God says: 
 
But I will send a fire on the wall of Gaza, which shall devour the palaces thereof:  (Amos 1:7)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Often throughout the Old Testament there are examples of man doing evil and God raising up an adversary against that man.  Solomon is one example.

I Kings 11

11 Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

12 Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

13 Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.

14 And the LORD stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king's seed in Edom.

God has HIS own instruments of destruction.

God puts up one and pulls down another.  It is all done by God though it may happen today.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Amos 3:7  Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I Corinthians 8:2  And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯